Quantcast

Does this embaress Seattle Freeriders?

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Mtbike said:
It's not about the pads or helmet. It's the fact that he hit a gap on a bmx bike that most freeriders wouldn't hit without at least 8 inches of travel.

So I was wondering if there is any Seattle Freeriders, since the drop/gap is in Seattle, would/should step up, go ridgid and replicate that stunt?
Oh now I get it. Yeah I'm right there with you. Nothing bothers me more that watching riders who rely on their suspension when jumping. It seems like they don't care if they come up a little short and just let the suspension suck it up. Same thing goes for bunny hopping, I had a roomate once who couldn't bunny hop without pulling up on his clip pedals.
Maybe bike shops should make beginner bike riders buy fully rigid, flat pedaled bikes and pass a skills test before they upgrade their bikes.
Okay maybe not, but you wouldn't give a 16 year old kid a Top Fuel Funny Car to learn to drive with would you?

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Ya let me go out and buy a new bmx and hit that gap and kill myself.

I got respect for both sports, most pro bmx riders are not going to go hit a technical downhill trail. I road with the pro bmx riders at whistler after the redbull comp, they rented fullsuspention bikes. Most of them had trouble just riding down the ladder going into dirtmerchent.

I dont get the mntbike vs bmx they are both cool in there own ways.

Slider

Monkey
May 23, 2004
Moscow, ID
BMX is a whole nother animal they can't be compared I went that big on a skate board twice and all the time on Rollerblades. Now I am 26 and can barely walk when it rains. Moral of the story.....Remember to yell Weeeeee on the way down.