Quantcast

doesn't fit the narrative

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i think he's using the chicken-and-the-egg defense: "my client is not guilty b/c he's not been convicted of this crime"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
just to make sure we don't rush into healing, let's make sure to keep that in check, shall we?

(quoted in full before it gets yanked)

The Talk: Nonblack Version
There is much talk about “the talk.”

“Sean O’Reilly was 16 when his mother gave him the talk that most black parents give their teenage sons,” Denisa R. Superville of the Hackensack (NJ) Record tells us. Meanwhile, down in Atlanta: “Her sons were 12 and 8 when Marlyn Tillman realized it was time for her to have the talk,” Gracie Bonds Staples writes in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Leonard Greene talks about the talk in the New York Post. Someone bylined as KJ Dell’Antonia talks about the talk in The New York Times. Darryl Owens talks about the talk in the Orlando Sentinel.

Yes, talk about the talk is all over.

There is a talk that nonblack Americans have with their kids, too. My own kids, now 19 and 16, have had it in bits and pieces as subtopics have arisen. If I were to assemble it into a single talk, it would look something like the following.

(1) Among your fellow citizens are forty million who identify as black, and whom I shall refer to as black. The cumbersome (and MLK-noncompliant) term “African-American” seems to be in decline, thank goodness. “Colored” and “Negro” are archaisms. What you must call “the ‘N’ word” is used freely among blacks but is taboo to nonblacks.

“There is a talk that nonblack Americans have with their kids, too.”
(2) American blacks are descended from West African populations, with some white and aboriginal-American admixture. The overall average of non-African admixture is 20-25 percent. The admixture distribution is nonlinear, though: “It seems that around 10 percent of the African American population is more than half European in ancestry.” (Same link.)

(3) Your own ancestry is mixed north-European and northeast-Asian, but blacks will take you to be white.

(4) The default principle in everyday personal encounters is, that as a fellow citizen, with the same rights and obligations as yourself, any individual black is entitled to the same courtesies you would extend to a nonblack citizen. That is basic good manners and good citizenship. In some unusual circumstances, however—e.g., paragraph (10h) below—this default principle should be overridden by considerations of personal safety.

(5) As with any population of such a size, there is great variation among blacks in every human trait (except, obviously, the trait of identifying oneself as black). They come fat, thin, tall, short, dumb, smart, introverted, extroverted, honest, crooked, athletic, sedentary, fastidious, sloppy, amiable, and obnoxious. There are black geniuses and black morons. There are black saints and black psychopaths. In a population of forty million, you will find almost any human type. Only at the far, far extremes of certain traits are there absences. There are, for example, no black Fields Medal winners. While this is civilizationally consequential, it will not likely ever be important to you personally. Most people live and die without ever meeting (or wishing to meet) a Fields Medal winner.

(6) As you go through life, however, you will experience an ever larger number of encounters with black Americans. Assuming your encounters are random—for example, not restricted only to black convicted murderers or to black investment bankers—the Law of Large Numbers will inevitably kick in. You will observe that the means—the averages—of many traits are very different for black and white Americans, as has been confirmed by methodical inquiries in the human sciences.

(7) Of most importance to your personal safety are the very different means for antisocial behavior, which you will see reflected in, for instance, school disciplinary measures, political corruption, and criminal convictions

(8) These differences are magnified by the hostility many blacks feel toward whites. Thus, while black-on-black behavior is more antisocial in the average than is white-on-white behavior, average black-on-white behavior is a degree more antisocial yet.

(9) A small cohort of blacks—in my experience, around five percent—is ferociously hostile to whites and will go to great lengths to inconvenience or harm us. A much larger cohort of blacks—around half—will go along passively if the five percent take leadership in some event. They will do this out of racial solidarity, the natural willingness of most human beings to be led, and a vague feeling that whites have it coming.

(10) Thus, while always attentive to the particular qualities of individuals, on the many occasions where you have nothing to guide you but knowledge of those mean differences, use statistical common sense:

(10a) Avoid concentrations of blacks not all known to you personally.

(10b) Stay out of heavily black neighborhoods.

(10c) If planning a trip to a beach or amusement park at some date, find out whether it is likely to be swamped with blacks on that date (neglect of that one got me the closest I have ever gotten to death by gunshot).

(10d) Do not attend events likely to draw a lot of blacks.

(10e) If you are at some public event at which the number of blacks suddenly swells, leave as quickly as possible.

(10f) Do not settle in a district or municipality run by black politicians.

(10g) Before voting for a black politician, scrutinize his/her character much more carefully than you would a white.

(10h) Do not act the Good Samaritan to blacks in apparent distress, e.g., on the highway.

(10i) If accosted by a strange black in the street, smile and say something polite but keep moving.

(11) The mean intelligence of blacks is much lower than for whites. The least intelligent ten percent of whites have IQs below 81; forty percent of blacks have IQs that low. Only one black in six is more intelligent than the average white; five whites out of six are more intelligent than the average black. These differences show in every test of general cognitive ability that anyone, of any race or nationality, has yet been able to devise. They are reflected in countless everyday situations. “Life is an IQ test.”

(12) There is a magnifying effect here, too, caused by affirmative action. In a pure meritocracy there would be very low proportions of blacks in cognitively demanding jobs. Because of affirmative action, the proportions are higher. In government work, they are very high. Thus, in those encounters with strangers that involve cognitive engagement, ceteris paribus the black stranger will be less intelligent than the white. In such encounters, therefore—for example, at a government office—you will, on average, be dealt with more competently by a white than by a black. If that hostility-based magnifying effect (paragraph 8) is also in play, you will be dealt with more politely, too. “The DMV lady“ is a statistical truth, not a myth.

(13) In that pool of forty million, there are nonetheless many intelligent and well-socialized blacks. (I’ll use IWSB as an ad hoc abbreviation.) You should consciously seek opportunities to make friends with IWSBs. In addition to the ordinary pleasures of friendship, you will gain an amulet against potentially career-destroying accusations of prejudice.

(14) Be aware, however, that there is an issue of supply and demand here. Demand comes from organizations and businesses keen to display racial propriety by employing IWSBs, especially in positions at the interface with the general public—corporate sales reps, TV news presenters, press officers for government agencies, etc.—with corresponding depletion in less visible positions. There is also strong private demand from middle- and upper-class whites for personal bonds with IWSBs, for reasons given in the previous paragraph and also (next paragraph) as status markers.

(15) Unfortunately the demand is greater than the supply, so IWSBs are something of a luxury good, like antique furniture or corporate jets: boasted of by upper-class whites and wealthy organizations, coveted by the less prosperous. To be an IWSB in present-day US society is a height of felicity rarely before attained by any group of human beings in history. Try to curb your envy: it will be taken as prejudice (see paragraph 13).

You don’t have to follow my version of the talk point for point; but if you are white or Asian and have kids, you owe it to them to give them some version of the talk. It will save them a lot of time and trouble spent figuring things out for themselves. It may save their lives.
#vdare

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Dude, huffington post isn't notorious for horrible facts like fox news. Just because it's a "blog" doesn't make the facts the report on any less true.

You're so dense it makes even my brain hurt
speaking of lies: do you believe foxnews is forbidden by canadian law from broadcasting?

just answer the simple question that i've asked you over & again

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
speaking of lies: do you believe foxnews is forbidden by canadian law from broadcasting?

just answer the simple question that i've asked you over & again
I belive the ultra right wing fox new styles opinionated BS is banned, the content of fox news in canada is different. They are forbidden from lying, when they wanted to start a fear mongering jesus channel like we have here it wasn't aloud

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I belive the ultra right wing fox new styles opinionated BS is banned, the content of fox news in canada is different.
the studios for foxnews are in NYC & DC
there are no canadian studios, nor studios which are provisioned for a canadian audience

you aren't just wrong; you are spreading lies
They are forbidden from lying, when they wanted to start a fear mongering jesus channel like we have here it wasn't aloud
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/home.html

yet it was

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
the studios for foxnews are in NYC & DC
there are no canadian studios, nor studios which are provisioned for a canadian audience

you aren't just wrong; you are spreading lies
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/home.html

yet it was
1st, have a beer and calm down

2nd. I don't keep up on canadian law, I'm not canadian, congrats on staying slightly more up to date than me

3rd The fact of the matter is that fox news style content was at one time legally questions and or banned in canada, that says mounds about journalistic integrity and quality, as much as I hate MSNBC, it's lack of fact checking has never had it legally challenged in court like that.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
that says mounds about
not being a cvnt...but....what the fvck...

"speaks volumes" might be the phrase you were looking for..

Idiom Definitions for 'Speak volumes'
If something speaks volumes, it tells us a lot about the real nature of something or someone,even though it may only be a small detail.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
As he walked home with a bag of Skittles and an Arizona Iced Tea

this story has more product placement than any episode of The Office

was trayvon sporting beats by dre before being shot by zimmerman's Smith & Wesson's M&P compact w/ steel novak lo-mount sights (Ti optional)?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

was trayvon sporting beats by dre before being shot by zimmerman's Smith & Wesson's M&P compact w/ steel novak lo-mount sights (Ti optional)?
Self Defense: Sponsored by Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator: With Electrolytes, What Plants Crave

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

I think he was wearing Stoney's vintage hoody, too.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I think he was wearing Stoney's vintage hoody, too.
Shot down with Remington .38 +P ammo...the choice of neighborhood watch pros everywhere!

The saddest thing about this is that 2 lives have been destroyed. Trayvon may have not been an angel, but he was just a kid. Zimmerman may be an overzealous goon with a criminal record, but he is still a human being, one who made a mistake. A mistake rooted, I would hope, in the honest hope of protecting his home and the homes of others, not in racial hatred or ignorance.
Either way, it is sad. Sadder in the fact that assholes are making political hay and money off of it. Jesse Jackson and Rush Limbaugh are the same sensationalist asswipes in my book...neither contributes anything of substance to anything.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Shot down with Remington .38 +P ammo...the choice of neighborhood watch pros everywhere!

The saddest thing about this is that 2 lives have been destroyed. Trayvon may have not been an angel, but he was just a kid. Zimmerman may be an overzealous goon with a criminal record, but he is still a human being, one who made a mistake. A mistake rooted, I would hope, in the honest hope of protecting his home and the homes of others, not in racial hatred or ignorance.
Either way, it is sad. Sadder in the fact that assholes are making political hay and money off of it. Jesse Jackson and Rush Limbaugh are the same sensationalist asswipes in my book...neither contributes anything of substance to anything.
Agree 100%, although if the Jesse Jackson's of this country hadn't made a big deal out of it, Zimmerman would have never been charged (see: it happened 2 months ago and was only just charged on Friday).

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I think the rest of the uproar was enough to get him charged eventually. Seems that Jackson always comes in later, after he asseses the chances of a favourable outcome...for himself. He is an ass. My sisters ex boyfriends Dad was on his staff for a long time, even he hated JJ. A shameless self promoter...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
and really, florida? stand your ground? that just might be the stupidest law ever written.

that means i can profile & roll up on anyone i want in order to goad them into a fight, and then 'legally' murder them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Agree 100%, although if the Jesse Jackson's of this country hadn't made a big deal out of it, Zimmerman would have never been charged (see: it happened 2 months ago and was only just charged on Friday).
black kids die every day....the only problem is they aren't killed by white people all the time.

therefore...fvcks are not given.

especially by the jesse jacksons of the world.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I think the rest of the uproar was enough to get him charged eventually. Seems that Jackson always comes in later, after he asseses the chances of a favourable outcome...for himself. He is an ass. My sisters ex boyfriends Dad was on his staff for a long time, even he hated JJ. A shameless self promoter...
Jesse Jackson reading Green Eggs and Ham on Saturday Night Live was freakin awesome.