Quantcast

Done Right

J

JRB

I'm with narlus. Totally unnecessary. I would like to ride that. I hope that it is far more techy in person than it looks. The gap is the only challenging looking part. Not saying it isn't tough, but I see pics that appear much tougher. I'd like to hit it, since I like a more "pussy" tech myself.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
narlus said:
the content writer should be pummeled w/ a Pulaski for:
"Yep, tech-gnar is here!"
I found that saying very cheesy as well, but the fact remains that they are making something interesting in a place that has an abundance of a-technical trails. This was all done through the proper channels, which means it is there to stay.

I found this part of the narrative the most compelling:

Oh yeah, while I'm thinking about it, I'll go ahead and mention that I'm hoping to not see any modifications to these lines by riders who claim that it's too hard. These are alternate lines, and the main trail is still quite challenging. Please don't "fix" what you didn't build- especially our friends on the mtbr.com board, none of whom pitched in a hand today but will be complaining about something anyways.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
TheInedibleHulk said:
"does this look easy.."

Yes, yes it does.

...and 3 feet high does not count as "exposed"
I don't think we can really see how exposed some of that stuff really is, one way or another. And exposure on a tech, slow line is different than on smooth singletrack, no?

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
OGRipper said:
I don't think we can really see how exposed some of that stuff really is, one way or another. And exposure on a tech, slow line is different than on smooth singletrack, no?
Until I ride it later this year, there's no telling exactly what it's like. Exposure is exposure because a broken appendage will be just as broken at 5' as it will be at 20'.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
MisterClean said:
Until I ride it later this year, there's no telling exactly what it's like. Exposure is exposure because a broken appendage will be just as broken at 5' as it will be at 20'.
Yes I guess you're right there is not difference btween a fracture, break, multiple breaks, shattered, and dead.