Quantcast

Don't do me any favours!

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Jesus....

Why do people think they are doing you some kind of favour by holding the door for you.....when you're like 100 yards away?

Look, I've got my own badge that unlocks the door. I also have the physcial strength to open the door myself. All you are succeeding in doing by holding the door and staring at me, is making me feel like I have to RUN to the door.

If I'm two steps behind you, then great. Thanks. If I'm nowhere near you, thanks for nothing jackass!@!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
So, you're telling me that if I fine lookin <Insert sex of person you are attracted to> held the door open for 15 seconds waiting for you, smiled at you as you approached and went through the door, you'd respond with, "Thanks for waiting BIOTCH!?" I can't say I follow you.

Edit: Removed sexual preference from preceding post so as to not exclude and discriminate against the beliefs of a percentage, regardless of it's size, of homosexual and bisexual persons in the online mountain biking community.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by reflux
So, you're telling me that if I fine lookin woman held the door open for 15 seconds waiting for you, smiled at you as you approached and went through the door, you'd respond with, "Thanks for waiting BIOTCH!?" I can't say I follow you.
you mean a hot guy, right? You know MMike's gay, don't you?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by MMike
Jesus....

Why do people think they are doing you some kind of favour by holding the door for you.....when you're like 100 yards away?

Look, I've got my own badge that unlocks the door. I also have the physcial strength to open the door myself. All you are succeeding in doing by holding the door and staring at me, is making me feel like I have to RUN to the door.

If I'm two steps behind you, then great. Thanks. If I'm nowhere near you, thanks for nothing jackass!@!

Feeling a little insecure? Try stopping and tying your shoe laces or just stop and make a cell phone call while they're waiting. Teach them a lesson. Education is the key to progress.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
There is definitely a protocol for door holding, and 90% of the morons in this building can't grasp it.

But I sure as hell have more pressing things to worry about than that :monkey:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by LordOpie
you mean a hot guy, right? You know MMike's gay, don't you?
Completely flaming, Liberace gay. I was an original cast member of "Queer Eye". But I was like Clarence, the 5th Beatle. I was just "too gay" and made everyone else look too butch.

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Originally posted by MMike

("Damb"?)
Hey I'm DumB ;)

watch out man with beeing a spelling cop like that I might have to hold the door for you one day just to piss you off and make you run for it then turn and walk in right in front of you and shut the door in your face. ;)

HAHAH Ahhh can you all feel the love today? I really need to get out and ride, I'm becoming as bitchy as the rest of you. :eek: ;)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by slcpunk21
Hey I'm DumB ;)

watch out man with beeing a spelling cop like that I might have to hold the door for you one day just to piss you off and make you run for it then turn and walk in right in front of you and shut the door in your face. ;)

HAHAH Ahhh can you all feel the love today? I really need to get out and ride, I'm becoming as bitchy as the rest of you. :eek: ;)
That sounds like something I would do...

(When I was at Pratt and Whitney, you needed you badge to get up to the 3rd floor (top secret stuff up there, boy). People would do the same thing all the time. You'd be at the bottom of the stairs, and they'd hold the door so that you'd have to run up the stairs. Gee.... thanks for that! I really felt like sprinting up stairs.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I hold the door for beautiful women and people who are close enough to get hit in the face if I were to let it go.

Everyone else can open their own damn door - I've got other things to do and would not expect someone to stand around and wait for me...

Nor will I run if someone stands there holding the door - I didn't ask for it and they're clearly not smart enough to understand the generally accepted door holding protocol. Just smile and keep walking at a normal pace. Either they don't care, in which case you save the effort of opening the door, or they'll get irritated and quit holding it for you. Either way, you win.