Quantcast

Dont order music from walmart off line.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
ordered some music from wall mart, got here 3 weeks later and all the cd cases were broke! :eviltongu crappy wal mart can blow me and my 40 dollar bill!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
they do have cheap bell helmets though. and tubes. and junk food. i heard there coming out with their own wine though, for like 6 bucks a bottle.
"I cant believe its not vinegar." sounds like the most likely name.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
F*CK yeah they did, godam, the CD case is so essential, yet its made out of meterial that is not up to the job, i think they make them brittle as hell and put those clear sticker on them so when u open them up they crack so they can seel more frigen CD cases.

and on top of "in on the kill taker" isnt that good of a album.

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
i try avoiding wal mart as much as possible, since i think the Walmart corporation is the anti christ.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So you think CD's at Wal-Mart have different jewel cases than CD's at other places?

Go ahead and hate Wal-Mart, it's a great thing to do, but at least come up with an intelligent reason.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
mack said:
F*CK yeah they did, godam, the CD case is so essential, yet its made out of meterial that is not up to the job, i think they make them brittle as hell and put those clear sticker on them so when u open them up they crack so they can seel more frigen CD cases.

and on top of "in on the kill taker" isnt that good of a album.
First you have the nerve to shop at wally mart. Then you have the nerve to buy a Fugazi cd from them. Then you actually have the nerve to diss Fugazi??? I will not tolerate any bad mouthing of one of my all time favorite bands!!!

Boy you are treading on thin ice :nope:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
punkassean said:
First you have the nerve to shop at wally mart. Then you have the nerve to buy a Fugazi cd from them. Then you actually have the nerve to diss Fugazi??? I will not tolerate any bad mouthing of one of my all time favorite bands!!!

Ha! I hadn't even thought of that. Oh the irony!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
berkshire_rider said:
Like the fact it takes 15-20 minutes to check out of the effing place. :mumble:
LOL!!1 That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! I stopped in to buy halloween candy on Friday and it was right at the register...still took me 15 minutes to get out of there :angry:

J

JRB

Austin Bike said:
Hey, I thought you liked them ;)

You comin' down to A-town for the non-political ride next weekend???

GB with back trails, gotta love it.

I do, but they cut out curse words from a cd Julie gave me. Don't even remember which one. Might make the ride. I would like to.

J

JRB

punkassean said:
If ice is the solid form of water, how do you tread on it??? Wouldn't you skate or walk on thin ice??? I don't know since we don't have much ice here.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
narlus said:
buying fugazi from wal-mart is pretty stupid. save some $ and order direct from dischord.
That was my advice as well. But honestly I don't understand buying Fugazi from wal*mart in the first place...

Smoke comes out of my ears when I try to figure that one out :confused: :mumble:

Fugazi = :love: :heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart:

wal*mart = :stosh: :devil: :oink: :rolleyes: :dead: :eviltongu :nope:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I was so happy tht they opened a walmart super center 1 minute from my house (it was a regular walmart before) so my lazy ass doesnt have to drive 10 minutes to hanaford..........2 trips there, and I'm back to shopping at Hanaford.

1 time the dude put 2 iems in each bag, I'm talking small items too, I must have had over 15 bags..........next trip I bought about the same amount of groceries & the guy tried to put all my groceries in 2, maybe 3 bags :mumble:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Echo said:
Go ahead and hate Wal-Mart, it's a great thing to do, but at least come up with an intelligent reason.
Well you asked for it

1) Minimum time spent in line is 15 minutes reguardless of line lenght
2) The item you want either isn't on the shelf or is marked as something else
3) If you do have the fortune of finding something that is not mis-marked or missing altogether the package has been mutilated and likely pieces are broken or misssing.
4) They sell fish, what's up with that?
5) Even if you aren't a minority you'll feel like one as soon as you enter the parking lot
6) They let rednecks bring their dogs into the store
7) It's getting close to christmas so all the reasons I have to not shop at walmart will be twice as irritating.
8) None of the sales people know anything period
9) In Rock Springs Wyoming they opened a Wal Mart and interviewed 350 people, only 24 of them passed the drug test, so where did the other 120 people on their payroll come from?
10) Their prices aren't any better than what you can find online or at other similar stores like Target where you'll get better service.

J

JRB

Kornphlake said:
5) Even if you aren't a minority you'll feel like one as soon as you enter the parking lot

You should take number 5 as an oppurtunity to go there one last time to buy a bullet and off yourself. :dead:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
LocoGringo said:
you should take number 5 as an opportunity to go there one last time to buy a bullet and off yourself.
well that's being awefully tolerant now isn't it.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with being a minority, I just said that when you enter the parking lot it's tough to tell who's the majority. Where else can you go and find people speaking Hmong, Spanish, English, Tagalich, Portugeese, Hebrew and English under one roof? Does the blending of cultures contribute to the congestion at the registers, the disorganization of the stores and the uselessness of the employees, I'd say it does.

J

JRB

Kornphlake said:
well that's being awefully tolerant now isn't it.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with being a minority, I just said that when you enter the parking lot it's tough to tell who's the majority. Where else can you go and find people speaking Hmong, Spanish, English, Tagalich, Portugeese, Hebrew and English under one roof? Does the blending of cultures contribute to the congestion at the registers, the disorganization of the stores and the uselessness of the employees, I'd say it does.

You seemed enough like a bigot without this last post. If you truly are not, I apologize. It is hard to tell on the Internet as you know.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
Echo said:
So you think CD's at Wal-Mart have different jewel cases than CD's at other places?

read this: http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/77/walmart.html

and http://www.alternet.org/story/12962

walmart is the devil, lowering wage and working standards around the world to get you your low prices, and driving companies out of business by tempting them with their massive market share and then just destroying products by making prices so low.

J

JRB

J

JRB

Dirty said:
man you read those fast....

I mean you should do your own research that is not reliant on any form of news media. You should speak to actual people. I do not love them, but realize that while some businesses are gone due to them, many people have jobs thanks to them. They have some nice packages for their employees. We did anyway. I understand that Wal-mart employees had the same luxury. They could have changed in 2 years though. I did hate their "team meeting" philosophies.

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
loco-gringo said:
I mean you should do your own research that is not reliant on any form of news media. You should speak to actual people. I do not love them, but realize that while some businesses are gone due to them, many people have jobs thanks to them. They have some nice packages for their employees. We did anyway. I understand that Wal-mart employees had the same luxury. They could have changed in 2 years though. I did hate their "team meeting" philosophies.
Anecdotal research is my favorite kind of research! Maybe I can find a person that works at Wal Mart and talk to them!