Quantcast

Double Seatpost Quickrelease?

J.R.B

Chimp
Nov 6, 2001
I saw this on Pinkbike and was wondering what the deal was with the double quickrelease on the seatpost. Any ideas?

Attachments

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
i'd assume thats for similar reasons to why some stems have 4 bolt clamps and bmx's have 2bolt seat collars

to hold the thing damn tight! ;)

but seriously, isnt a single QR strong enough? i've never had one slip! and if your worried about clamping strength, then use an allen bolt! sheesh... overkill!

hurricane

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
Well, that is an Axiom (Norco's house brand components) telescopic seatpost...basically two seatposts, one inside the other, which allows a greater range of height adjustment than a single seatpost. You can slam the seat way down and still be able to crank it back up to the proper height so that you can climb.

Here's a link: http://www.norco.com/axiom/parts.htm

J.R.B

Chimp
Nov 6, 2001
thanks, I thought it might be something of that sort, I didn't know they existed.

hurricane Well, that is an Axiom (Norco's house brand components) telescopic seatpost...basically two seatposts, one inside the other, which allows a greater range of height adjustment than a single seatpost. You can slam the seat way down and still be able to crank it back up to the proper height so that you can climb.