Quantcast

Douthat/Carvin's Cove Mayhem rides this week

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Hey everyone, a bit last minute but i just wanted to throw out there a few rides this week. Tomorrow (Wed.) we are heading up a day of riding at Carvin's Cove. We will be doing about 20 miles of single track for anyone interested. Meet up is at the Orange market (corner of 419 and 311) at 10:30am.

Thursday this week we will be hitting up a day at Douthat and squeezing in as many miles as possible. Meet up is at 10:00am main office. There will be a good group of riders from West Va. and Va.

See you there!

VT Mtbkr

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Richmond, Virginia
Have fun. I've ridden Carvin's Cove once and loved it. The best was watching my boss do an endo into one of the creek crossing...priceless.

Douthat was great this past weekend. We did about 22 miles on Sat/Sun. There's nothing like screaming down Brushy Hollow to put a big grin on your face! I can't wait to get back for the big MORE camping trip in October.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Well, yesterday was great. We ended up doing 32 miles at Carvin's Cove. I think we rode every single trail, atleast that was our intent. Started off climbing buck rutt, then hit the fire road up to gauntlet. There was a nice 2 foot drop on gauntlet that came out of no where while scrweaming down the single track. Made for a nice sudden surprise and some great air to get us pumped up to ride all day. at the bottom of gauntlet we headed over to climb trough and then down hi-dee-ho. Then we headed back up buck rutt up to the top and down stickman to comet. road around all the trails at the bottom and then back up comet and stock man to hit clowns head and a couple other trails. All in all it was a solid 5 hours of riding and a lot of fun. We are just sitting in a coffee shop in lexington right now and about to head over to Douthat to meet up with some people at 10:00. Hopefully some monkeys will show up for the ride.