Quantcast

Downhil MTB trip

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
MY friends and i are looking to do another MTB trip this summer. Last year i was reading about a decent place in NH for Downhill. I cant remember if it was Attitash or Bear Mountain. We are frequesnt visitors to Diablo in NJ and most of us are based out Philadelphia. Part of the plan is to hit Platekill then i am hoping to hit NH after that. Also how is Sunday River?

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
Highland Mountain in Tilton NH, Great freeride mountain with a-lot of built up stunts.

Attitash in Bartlett NH, great tight technical DH trails. Not to much built up stuff but worth a trip.

Sunday River is in Bethel ME, Like Attitash but with longer runs and more groomed trails.

Each mountain has its own personality and all are worth a visit. you can read more about Highland on their website highlandmountain.com.

Also check out bustedspoke.com Highland and Sunday River each have their own forum on that site.

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Why not hit up some of the Mountains in Vermont? There's Killington, Mt. Snow, etc.

Hollywood

Chimp
Apr 23, 2005
Frederick, MD
My friends went to Whiteface last year so were looking for something new. Tried Killington but there was nothing technical just long fire roads but that was 3 or 4 years ago. MT Snow is only open for racing i thought? Highland and Sunday river sound like what I'm looking for. Besides I love Maine and hope to move back there in the near future but the downhill riding has to be there :cheers:

Last edited:

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
My friends went to Whiteface last year so were looking for something new. Tried Killington but there was nothing technical just long fire roads but that was 3 or 4 years ago. MT Snow is only open for racing i thought? Highland and Sunday river sound like what I'm looking for. Besides I love Maine and hope to move back there in the near future but the downhill riding has to be there :cheers:

did you see this thread?

http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199768

FriedRys

Monkey
May 21, 2007
On the losing end of a wishbone
Killington has put in a handful of more technical trails over the last few years, pretty fun stuff. It would be worth going back to if you were heading that way.

Highland is just like it looks like on all the videos and pics, lots of jumps/drops/berms, really buffed.

Sunday River is big, has lots of really tech trails with a couple of smoother more buffed out trails being worked on.

I recommend Sunday River, but I'm a bit biased.:biggrin:

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Just FYI Mt. Snow is open to the public, not just racing, but you need to check their site to make sure the lift is working on the days you want to go.

FriedRys

Monkey
May 21, 2007
On the losing end of a wishbone
Well SR and Highland look somewhat close. Maybe i will have to do both since it sounds like they are working on SR.
It's about two-two and a half hours between the mountains, not really any direct routes. But, if ya head north from Highland and then cut east, you will be driving right through the heart of the White Mountains, about as scenic as drives get around here.

If ya make it to the River ask around for a Mofo, any one of us will be happy to give ya the grand tour.