Quantcast

Draft Magazine: 100 Greatest Beer Bars in the US

0110-M-P

Monkey
Jun 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
They got the one in Asheville, NC (Thirsty Monk) and one of the two in Raleigh, NC (Busy Bee) spot on....the other one in Raleigh (Brewmasters) is questionable though in my book...good beer, but bar leaves much to be desired.

Thanks for the link.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
^ I agree that Brewmasters was less than impressive. Service was slow despite it not being crowded, and the bar has no atmosphere at all.

The beer was okay, but I wasn't blown away by it.

Busy Bee and Thirsty Monk are both awesome.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I've been telling people to get to Armsby Abbey in Worcester, MA since they opened. They're a great place to grab some locally produced grub and a few beers. It's nice to see them on the list.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
The Portland recommendations are pretty solid too. I am not sure why Bailey's made the list though. It is fairly nondescript other than being across the street from one of the coolest breweries in the city

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
The Portland recommendations are pretty solid too. I am not sure why Bailey's made the list though. It is fairly nondescript other than being across the street from one of the coolest breweries in the city
Glad to see my buddy's place APEX on this list! Need to get back up there soon.

Yes, the Bay Area is pretty well represented, but I would have expected to see Magnolia in San Francisco there.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Glad to see my buddy's place APEX on this list! Need to get back up there soon.

Yes, the Bay Area is pretty well represented, but I would have expected to see Magnolia in San Francisco there.
I'd go so far as to say Apex has the best tap list in the city. There are usually more must try beers than I can put down in a night.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It would seem I have never been to any place on the list. I am surprised that Brouwers in Freemont didn't make the list.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i've been to monks cafe and eulogy in philly. there are more in philly on the list i'll have to try.

eulogy has a "sister" bar a few blocks away, same owners, slightly smaller beer selection, but waaaaaaay less crowded. less food on the menu too.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i'm also surprised that Naja's Place isn't on there. 80-100 taps at any given time. upwards of 500 bottles. right in the marina in redondo beach. live music on weekends.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I am surprised that Brouwers in Freemont didn't make the list.
:stupid:

That place is awesome. I live just down the street from Naked City, and it's damn good. The Stumbling Monk and Pine Box are cool too, but none of them are on par with Brouwers.