Quantcast

DT fork...interesting, or a dog?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
"The F535 adds a second variable - another port that works in a very different way, DT calls it Plushport. At 0-30% travel this port is wide open, diverting oil away from the main damping circuit, meaning the oil can flow freely and the fork's movement is virtually undamped."

Oh yeah, I remember when Manitou invented that in the 90s.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Anyone has any experience with their older forks or pace works? What was the build quality before? I liked the looks of the old ones. Don't get why it has to look generic. Not really interested in position sensitive damping but this will probably be on sale in 2 years to be had for super cheap

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Anyone has any experience with their older forks or pace works? What was the build quality before? I liked the looks of the old ones. Don't get why it has to look generic. Not really interested in position sensitive damping but this will probably be on sale in 2 years to be had for super cheap
I opened one of their old XC models (can't remember which one, 32mm stanchions, 100mm travel, remote lockout, 29er). Build quality was pretty damn good, almost completely metal internals. The hydraulic circuitry wasn't anything out of this world though. I mean, it was a XC fork, which destiny was to be ridden either locked out of pretty damn stiff.

I'm not a fan of those glorified rim covers either. They look like something taken off some cheesy tuning Audi. Let's see what happens when someone misplaces the T10 and is left without any means to modify their settings out in the wild.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Why would you make a square arch, surely that would make little red bits show up on your fancy FEA program?

Wonder if they still use a brass in the internals like Pace?