Quantcast

Duthie Intermediate FR line Work party 11/27

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
Last weekend we had 2 hugely succesful days on the trail. On Saturday we had 9 people working on the trail and logged 42 hrs of building. Sunday in the pouring rain we had 7 people and did 23 hrs of work. Thanks to everyone that came out that was good times.

I will most likely be out on Friday if anyone wants to come lend a hand. Be sure to give me a shout out if you plan to come out...

The work we are doing now is mostly fine tuning. There are two sections of trail (about 60 feet each) that need organic removed and we need to build a deck for the final "grand finale" jump. I hope to get this all done on Friday. We were hitting the trail last weekend and it is super fun.

The trail is currently open to builders only as it is not complete and is too wet to be ridden...if you want to ride it...you going to need to work it.

http://evergreenmtb.org/recreation/calendar.php?event_id=8235

Check it out and give me a shout if you can get out.

Thanks
Dave

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
You guys did a great job, I was amazed how much work had been done.

All lines are in construction and could change at anytime, I flaged a few things on our line but be sure to look before you leap or you might get a big suprise.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Walked it yesterday and looks great! What amazingly fast work. Good job all.

Couple questions: Is the start planned off the back of the Luna start or can it get up to the DC/DWB access line and start higher?

Do you have an answer for the bad rotten log section? How about building a mini rainbow or something over it and sweeping left into that right to left berm? Then it doesn't have to get dug out which would be a lot of work!

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
Hi Borneo...thanks for the props...we first walked it on 10/29 and started actually working on 10/31...pretty cool huh. There are 160 hrs into the trail in 4 weeks.

Not sure what rotten log section you are talking about..there are two.

If it is the first one before the first left hand berm...yes..that is exactly what we are thinking about. Either a rainbow ladder or a mini step up to a ladder...that will effectively be at the same height as the surrounding vegetation ...but above the hole where the rotten log was)...the second spot with a rotten log could is also before a left hand berm..but this would be the second left hand berm...thinking of some kind of jump / something over that one aso.

If you are out there / spot me...come over and share your ideas...same goes for anyone that has ideas...now that the trail is cut in and we can ride it...it is much easier to guage what will be fun

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
The trail runs off the back of the luna chix start ladder....basically walk up either of the luna chix lines and up to their start ramp...then jump off the back and keep going. You will spot the trail pretty quickly.

If you dont see us hanging around in the clearing..walk down the trail and find us.

I drive a red Eurovan..so it is easy to spot if I am there / not.

Weather looks hopeful for Friday.

Cya

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
Walked it yesterday and looks great! What amazingly fast work. Good job all.

Couple questions: Is the start planned off the back of the Luna start or can it get up to the DC/DWB access line and start higher?

Do you have an answer for the bad rotten log section? How about building a mini rainbow or something over it and sweeping left into that right to left berm? Then it doesn't have to get dug out which would be a lot of work!
Ja Borneo...that option was thrown out..to hook the trail into the DWB line..and in fact they would dig that. It would add length to the trail for sure. It would also be nice for all the intermediate lines to begin at the Luna Chix platform.

We could have two entrances..however it might suck if you were a faster rider and started uphill only to get snagged by a slower rider that started at the lower entrance.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
I'll be up at Alpy tomorrow. But if it's sucky, I may leave early and swing by on the way home.

As for length/entrance, I was thinking about using the new proposed Luna access trail as a double duty line as the start for your line as well. People could peel off right to do the shorter Luna lines???

mutton

Chimp
Sep 2, 2004
Seattle
thanks to everyone that came out on Friday, that was pretty cool. I think at one stage there were 8 people working on the trail....and I only knew about 2 of them. I know a couple of the dudes that stopped by and dropped their bikes to pick up a shovel were from this forum! Right on. We finished a pretty cool jump at the end of the trail in about 2 hrs of solid work and then everyone hit it.

It was cool to be out there on Sunday and see trains of riders hitting the trail.

I am going to call it 'done' and switch to maintenance mode.

Ride on

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yeah, finally rode it myself yesterday - killer work...especially considering how little time it took to get up and running. I was going to get with you about where to start your line up top, but kind of got consumed with riding all over the place. The entire park is coming along rather well. Blew my mind how many people were out there and just having a blast! :)

daway

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
Seattle
thanks to everyone that came out on Friday, that was pretty cool. I think at one stage there were 8 people working on the trail....and I only knew about 2 of them. I know a couple of the dudes that stopped by and dropped their bikes to pick up a shovel were from this forum! Right on. We finished a pretty cool jump at the end of the trail in about 2 hrs of solid work and then everyone hit it.

It was cool to be out there on Sunday and see trains of riders hitting the trail.

I am going to call it 'done' and switch to maintenance mode.

Ride on
Hey Dave this is David (wearing the blue flannel), great job on that trail I went back out on Saturday and rode it a couple more times and it is a lot of fun. Are you planning to join the trail in with the top part of the advanced line that starts higher up the hill?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Can't wait to ride it Dave. Looks right down my alley until the other lines get some longer case guards for us wimps... Thanks to all! Great addition.

BumnAccic

Chimp
Dec 20, 2009
Belgium
We will start around 9:30 to 10:00 AM on Saturday. I will try to go up on Friday night so I can get an early start with the help of Bill Parker in getting all of the tools and other equipment in place out there. We will start at Milward Switch and work around from there.
Wayne