Quantcast

DW DHR Spotted....

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I also rode the bike at Vail lake that weekend, but since i am not a highly paid pro i will not bother to give my thoughts here on RM.
You might not be a highly paid pro (what do i know?) but I have seen you racing in WP last year with a broken hand. That was bada$$ riding! I really would like to hear your thoughts on the DHR, pleaaaaaaasssseeee!

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
i'll post dondon's review in an attempt to name drop...

dondon and i were IM'ing the other day and here's what he said about his ride

"i only went OTB 3 times, so it's a pretty sweet bike."

keep in mind, this is the guy who broke his neck (literally) from going OTB at 2mph in whistler. everytime he goes on a ride, he breaks something on his body (wrist, shoulder, ballsack) and he's more than a qualified reviewer because he has a pro model skateboard...seriously, i have one of them.

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
what a pinkbike thread this is.
All you fasiontista's should head out to the garage with a razor and the newest thrice album.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Am I the only one who thinks this goofy "rep" thing is just a big stroke-a-thon?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
©2001;3100939 said:

keep in mind, this is the guy who broke his neck (literally) from going OTB at 2mph in whistler. everytime he goes on a ride, he breaks something on his body (wrist, shoulder, ballsack) and he's more than a qualified reviewer because he has a pro model skateboard...seriously, i have one of them.
LoL - well that explains the OTB on the DW-Turner - S.., I mean DonDon was probably trying to go for a heel-flip to dark-slide... :biggrin:

In all seriousness - I agree with DonDon - ease up guys and think before you speak. Tearing into a random pic of someone "just because" on a site where LOTS of industry people lurk is wildly ill-advised.

I spoke with Dave Turner on the phone for quite a bit a few weeks back, and he and Turner were highly focused on moving forward in getting new protos out on the dirt for track time and testing - and this was at least a month ago. It's awesome to see the new creation out there already and I can't wait to see how things progress and move forward as this new rig goes to production.

So here's a "Hell Yeah!" to Dave, dw, and the Turner crew - props for the design, work, and future success!

:cheers:

Last edited:

jeremyb

Monkey
Dec 3, 2004
Christchurch, New Zealand
You've obviously mistaken an internet forum for a place where balanced views are presented and peoples opinions are valued, pretty much all of them descend into the lowest common denominator, hell some of us even find that amusing!

dondon

Monkey
For the record there were no OTB's. I have ridden many DH bikes, but have only ever chosen to race on Turner DHR's and Iron Horse Sundays. Since this bike is only a proto and there will be quite a few tweaks made, it would be a bit premature to make judgement or give detailed feedback. That being said i don't think there is a better match between two people and what they both bring to the bike. An updated DW link suspension platform with new pivot placement, (for smaller chainrings that are being run today VS when the sunday was designed) improved shock characteristics, lower CG, married with a Turner fit and quality construction. Not to mention the lightweight, slack HA etc...

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
who gives a crap who is riding the bike? Why does the first public photo need to be some fast superstar racerboy homo nut sucker that has a matching kit that is one off?

When the Sunday was in the early stages DANTE was riding around wearing funky ass looking fugly IH shirts and he is pretty ugly and not the fastest guy in the world(sorry DANTE) F^ck Sam Hill is a ugly Mother Focker and I do not approve of his Troylee color choices either.

Why are there so many pinkbikers on here all of a sudden, you queers argue like i did when I was 11

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
©2001;3100939 said:

Can you write a review on the skateboard please.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
any chance you could provide some information about the frame...I mean clearly that's not what this thread is about just thought I'd ask....

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
buncha whiny saps on here.......i can't wait to try that thing.....if it's as much of an improvement on the old DHR as the new DW Link 5 Spot is over the old 5 Spot, then i'll probably hurt myself the first time i ride it.......i'm an amped up fan boy, not gonna lie....

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
one person has ridden it in unfinished form and he's either not a member or won't talk about it on this forum.

If you want an e-opinion,
it's awesome, corners on rails, no flex, comes in rootbeer, hadley's website is www.hadley.com, looks awesome with kawasaki green doublewides and gazzi 3.0s, sam hill rides one, and the handlebars are 42 inches wide with -2.5 inch rise, and the complete bike comes in 19.5 lbs with carbon everything including tires.

Does that help?

DaveyIntense

Chimp
Jul 25, 2008
Berwick
He likes to use his middle finger to brake and i wonder if that is his weight in tonne on the number board??? maybe he is employed by turner as the destructive tester??? who knows like your man says he looks like he is having fun even if he is on a horrible green coloured bike(Kawasaki or not)..

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
well how the hell am i supposed to know that only one person has ridden the frame? It was a simple question, thank you for your response glad to hear they made it so light, under 20lbs WOW!.....asshole