Quantcast

e-13 cup/Cane Creek users

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I'm in the process of installing the e-13 cups into my Imperial. I bought the individual headset parts from Cane Creek for the IS-2 that I needed (2 bearings, compression ring, and crown race). My question concerns the crown race. I'm wondering if I have the correct race. It seems like the it doesn't contact the bearings enough and leaves about a 1/8" gap between the bearing and race when I hand-assemble it. The race that I have is very thin and has a gasket around the outer edge. Is anyone using this headset? Just looking for a little help since I won't be able to call Cane Creek until Tues.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i bought an FSA IS2 and had the same gap between the race and the bearing. FSA and e13 both confirmed that it wasn't a problem. i might be able to dig up the e-mail from FSA somewhere if you want to see what they said.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Thanks. It jsut seems like there is not much contact between the two. It makes me a little worried especially with such a thin crown race. Anyone else with any input?

J

James

Hey In The Trees... Contact Ironhorsect on this board. He was the first person to make that set up work, and it works perfectly. He will be able to answer any questions that you might have.