Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Utter bacon

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Do they suck, or are they awesome? Time for yet another new cassette on the trusty steed, and a new chainring. The idea of jumping from a 42t to a 46t in the back and from a 30 to a 34t up front and gaining a ton of top end gearing has me interested. So, are they golden or garbage?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I've done couple hundies of miles on the 9-42T 10sp TRS+. I like the extra oomph on the top end while maintaining low gears for technical climbing, all of that with 30T chainring / 165mm cranks. So far so good but I don't have high hopes for impressive longevity of the whole shebang.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That scares me a bit, I seem to chew through the mid-range of my cassettes with a surprising regularity. So far XT 11 speeds have outlasted everything else, but they're heavy and shift like ass.
Geez, I must be missing out on some amazing shifting. I think my 11 speed XT feels amazing when it's all clean and lubed up. My whole drivetrain is coming up on 2 years old, so I'm pretty satisfied. (actually, I've changed my chainring a couple of times)

I went one "riskier" than you and bought a Sunrace because the e-13s were too pricey for me. I haven't installed it yet though, so who knows if I've made a terrible mistake. I'm waiting on my RD to meet it's fate before I install all the new parts.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Geez, I must be missing out on some amazing shifting. I think my 11 speed XT feels amazing when it's all clean and lubed up. My whole drivetrain is coming up on 2 years old, so I'm pretty satisfied. (actually, I've changed my chainring a couple of times)

I went one "riskier" than you and bought a Sunrace because the e-13s were too pricey for me. I haven't installed it yet though, so who knows if I've made a terrible mistake. I'm waiting on my RD to meet it's fate before I install all the new parts.
I've never been able to get the XT to shift quite as smooth as XO1 cassettes, but my credit card has an easier time shifting out of my wallet to buy them. It may be down to running a Sram derailleur with it, who knows.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
600 - 800 mi on mine, bent the fuck out of the upper aluminum gears;crescent wrenched back to health and continue to ride.. thought about replacing just the alu carrier, but at 120 bones a gx on a different wheelset made more sense. Will ride until self destruction.

tldr
expensive
alu part bends easily
light but not lightest