Quantcast

e*thirteen history box

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
Hi all,
I was recently digging through the e*13 history box and wanted to share one of my finds. This guy is one of the first versions of the "Security" single ring Chain Retention System complete with its ISCG adapter and original rollers.
security1.jpgsecurity2.jpgsecurity3.jpgsecurity4.jpgsecurity5.jpg
It absolutely amazing how far these devices have evolved is such a short span of history, dating back just 10 or 11 years.
Hopefully, time permitting we can get more legacy product documented here as well.
If any of you have any images of your retired legacy e*thirteen systems you would care to post, please feel free.

Cheers,
Derek

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i remember having to modify mine for my V10 back in 2002 but i dont remember it coming in one of those fancy tins...thankfully the days of modifying parts to work on DH bikes is almost over

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
i remember having to modify mine for my V10 back in 2002 but i dont remember it coming in one of those fancy tins...thankfully the days of modifying parts to work on DH bikes is almost over
The fancy tins were fancy...and expensive. They had a pretty short lifespan.
All I can say is that I too am glad that the file,hack and dremel days are fewer and farther between than the were back in the good 'ol days.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Had an e13-branded srs from about that era.

10.08.03_2mx_5.jpg

edit: loved that bike.

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Are you sure?
Did you have to drill larger holes in the downtube mounting bracket to get that in there? ..Can't remember which frame I saw that done on.
That's definitely an avy remote resi.

DerekJ

Monkey
Mar 6, 2006
Taichung, Taiwan
OK,
Here's another relic from the box. This is the SRS formula. It didn't really get much usage as a guide and was mostly limited to a handfull of riders and was available on the webstore for a short time as well. This guide featured a carbon fiber backplate and an ultra thin (at the time) Supercharger bashguard. I couldn't find the OG hardware but it was all "superlight M6 hardware". Pretty mind blowing stuff at the time though weighing in, as-is at 305g w/o chainring bolts.
Some of these parts went on to prototype the early XCX system in 2004(5 years prior to its official release).
f1.jpgf2.jpgf3.jpgf4.jpgf5.jpgf6.jpg

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Are you sure?
Did you have to drill larger holes in the downtube mounting bracket to get that in there? ..Can't remember which frame I saw that done on.
yep, its a Avy DHS on there. they supplied new bolts with the shock but i didnt have to modify anything. best thing i ever did to that bike. the Van RC that came on there wasnt even in the same league. hell, it wasnt in the same sport

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Recall seeing pics of that carbon guide on a bike ... might have been on CG's or Hill's ride? Don't remember.