Quantcast

Earthed 5 Premier

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Hey all. I've been getting lots of emails and stuff, so I thought I would let everyone know that we are doing a premier party for Earthed 5.

We are changing venues (to accommodate groms, positively) this year, so all will be good.

Also, format will change a bit. I know we have been keeping them free, but this year we will charge a cover charge and donate all proceeds to the Tara Llanes recovery fund. There will be a $5 minimum donation at the door, but you are always free to give as much as you like.

I'm still working on dates, but we're looking around the first of the year (sooner if possible). I'll keep everyone posted here upon confirmation of dates, times, etc.

email with q's - mtrides@bigcrankracing.net

-MT

PS - dang this place has been quiet for too long. Isn't anybody mad at anyone else and wants to talk sh*t about them or anything? At least start an online, verbal war about who has the best breakfast burrito or something? Sheesh!

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
I'm still so embarassed about last year, I can't stand to think of it.

Only a small problem in the grand scheme of things. Hell, you should have seen me trying to get the bar @ Angel Fire to let Matt and Jake in at G3#3,(the joys of my twisted children... Matt ended up winning dressed as Wonder woman with about a 44FFF chest..the best that balloons can build).
We appreciate you thinking about the groms, even better that you're thinking about Tara.
Scott

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Alright, here's the deal:

What: Earthed 5 - The Law of Fives, premier and benefit for Tara Llanes' Road to Recovery

When: Saturday, January 5, 2008

Where: Wahoo's Fish Taco, 1521 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202

Time: Doors will open at regular Wahoo's time, the movie will start at 9PM.

$: $5 minimum donation suggested, but you are free to contribute more

The nice folks at Wahoo's have agreed to provide drink and food specials going early and ending late. If I'm not mistaken, the Fix bikes will raffle some pretty sweet prizes to benefit Tara's recovery efforts too.

If anyone wants to contribute to the raffle program and band together to help one of our own, let me know and I'll get you in touch with the right peeps.

Happy Holidays to all. I look forward to seeing everybody turn out for a great movie (yes, I've seen it) and a great cause.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Alright, here's the deal:

What: Earthed 5 - The Law of Fives, premier and benefit for Tara Llanes' Road to Recovery

When: Saturday, January 5, 2008

Where: Wahoo's Fish Taco, 1521 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202

Time: Doors will open at regular Wahoo's time, the movie will start at 9PM.

$: $5 minimum donation suggested, but you are free to contribute more

The nice folks at Wahoo's have agreed to provide drink and food specials going early and ending late. If I'm not mistaken, the Fix bikes will raffle some pretty sweet prizes to benefit Tara's recovery efforts too.

If anyone wants to contribute to the raffle program and band together to help one of our own, let me know and I'll get you in touch with the right peeps.

Happy Holidays to all. I look forward to seeing everybody turn out for a great movie (yes, I've seen it) and a great cause.
Awesome Matt! Kozos will be there. I always like these early year movie previews, it puts the jones on for the next season! Thanks for putting it together and all of the previous before this one. A good time is always had by all!! :clapping:

-Billy

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
The Fix will be hooking up the raffle, so get ready for goodies.

the movie is so sick. so sick in fact, that ballr wouldn't get off my couch until we watched every one and zero on the entire dvd.

and wahoo's serves mtn dew, so how can you go wrong?

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Should be fun.......bummed I'll be back on the western slope by then. Have fun all, hi to everyone from Howse and the western slope!

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
Ha, yeah we'll both be there!
During the dance contest at the final G3 party in Angel Fire I announced him as "gay cowboy". He asked me "why am I 'gay' cowboy? I'm just a cowboy." I told him, "Dude, you're in a dance contest. Plus, just look at you. You're obviously gay cowboy."

I thought the skin-tight pants, tecno dance moves and cheesy molester moustache made it obvious.

But I could be wrong.

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
A little update - People have been calling and asking how they can help with some fundraising stuff beyond the compulsory monetary donation. Brian Ballard called and came up with a great idea. He will be contributing to the raffle by donating a brand new snowboard (very cool gesture by a very cool dude).

If anyone has something they want to contribute to the raffle, just bring it down to the premier. Let's set some ground rules though - any raffle items should be brand new and in its original packaging. This way, MikeMac doesn't show up with the Hite-rite pulled off his old Trek 900 from circa '88!

Seriously though, thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in helping one of our own. Let's have a great time and raise a truckload of cash for Tara. See you all Saturday.

dhrace507

Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Mountains
Can I donate a double double from In N Out to the raffle? I'll have the Romanian bring it back on the plane on Friday. I know it may be a little soggy, but look at the people that are going to buy tickets, the TeSelles, Buell brothers, and probably Darner will eat anything.

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
A little update - People have been calling and asking how they can help with some fundraising stuff beyond the compulsory monetary donation. Brian Ballard called and came up with a great idea. He will be contributing to the raffle by donating a brand new snowboard (very cool gesture by a very cool dude).

If anyone has something they want to contribute to the raffle, just bring it down to the premier. Let's set some ground rules though - any raffle items should be brand new and in its original packaging. This way, MikeMac doesn't show up with the Hite-rite pulled off his old Trek 900 from circa '88!

Seriously though, thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in helping one of our own. Let's have a great time and raise a truckload of cash for Tara. See you all Saturday.
Those Trek 900's were sweet. I'm saving the hite-rite for my new ride, sorry fellas.

Bigfoot will be donating a Fox 36 (Vanilla RC2) to the raffle. And some purple Onza barends.

MM

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Can I donate a double double from In N Out to the raffle? I'll have the Romanian bring it back on the plane on Friday. I know it may be a little soggy, but look at the people that are going to buy tickets, the TeSelles, Buell brothers, and probably Darner will eat anything.
Wentz, you tight-ass! You better Fed-Ex me something great for this raffle or it's over between us!

Word on the 36 Mikey - that's good livin' right there. Thanks so much!

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
During the dance contest at the final G3 party in Angel Fire I announced him as "gay cowboy". He asked me "why am I 'gay' cowboy? I'm just a cowboy." I told him, "Dude, you're in a dance contest. Plus, just look at you. You're obviously gay cowboy."

I thought the skin-tight pants, tecno dance moves and cheesy molester moustache made it obvious.

But I could be wrong.
If I remember correctly, you were a women! You weren't even even the purdiest women there, at least three other dudes beat you out, Boice for certain! Don't get all angry and call me a gay cowboy cause I didn't comment on your dress and hit on you! That cowboy outfit and dance moves were spot on, and the mustache was golden!!!

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
If I remember correctly, you were a women! You weren't even even the purdiest women there, at least three other dudes beat you out, Boice for certain! Don't get all angry and call me a gay cowboy cause I didn't comment on your dress and hit on you! That cowboy outfit and dance moves were spot on, and the mustache was golden!!!
I'm all man, brother. Belee 'dat. Boice was a disturbingly attractive woman though. It makes me uncomfortable to think about it.

As far as being hit on, the creepy tall guy from AZ took turns groping Boice, Abigail, then me. He must not have seen 'gay cowboy' or there would have been a fourth victim in his creepy rotation of lechery. Consider yourself lucky. And if I remember correctly, you went home with a live human being who was also a woman. I went home with a 150# malamute with fur-pants and stinky breath.

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
I'm all man, brother. Belee 'dat. Boice was a disturbingly attractive woman though. It makes me uncomfortable to think about it.

As far as being hit on, the creepy tall guy from AZ took turns groping Boice, Abigail, then me. He must not have seen 'gay cowboy' or there would have been a fourth victim in his creepy rotation of lechery. Consider yourself lucky. And if I remember correctly, you went home with a live human being who was also a woman. I went home with a 150# malamute with fur-pants and stinky breath.
Never saw that creeper from AZ, I was too busy trying to not get kicked out for watching the Rockies near the bar! You did remember correctly, that human being was in fact a women and there was a very large yet attractive gubber slabering all over ya! Don't know who was the luckier man? Next year are gonna hold the festivities on the mountain, cause we should!!!

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
That would be awesome!!! I think Michael wouldn't having one of them as well! Ah ha, I forgot the "we" in the last sentence. If Mike can't do it, Phil would probably be delighted:)

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Oh, and does anyone know if Jess and that girl Danae plan on reprising their roles from that drunken, lesbian, crotch grabbing show they put on at last year's event? That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Can I nominate MikeMac to be Brian Buell's personal proofreader/spellchecker/translator?
You can, but he's been having a difficult time of The Spelling lately his damn self.

Oh, and does anyone know if Jess and that girl Danae plan on reprising their roles from that drunken, lesbian, crotch grabbing show they put on at last year's event? That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Second for that was AWESOME.

Rudy

Chimp
Dec 9, 2007

WORD.........akward

I totally disagree Rudy, that was not akward at all, I think Matty hit it on the head, it was truly, thoroughly, utterly awesome and completely necessary!!! Jess is still in Australia as far as I know, but maybe some girl will step in and take up her slack

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
I just wanted to say thanks to everybody for coming out and helping a great cause. You all raised over $1500 for Tara on Saturday nite. Give yerself a pat on the back and continue doing good things for people. Thanks again!