Quantcast

eating before riding...

May 4, 2004
a computer near you!
:confused: my dad told me once that eating anything before you go out to ride isn't a good idea, manly because you'll see that food agin.haha, now i've never know anyone to throw up simply because they ate frist, then rode 2nd. so is it true? or are there some things you can eat before going out?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Don't over eat before a ride, but certainly eat. While I prefer to do training rides on a more or less empty stomach(haven't eaten in 2-3 hours) I usually down food of some kind before heading out on a casual ride. Eat while you are riding too. Energy bars, fruit, crackers and bread, pasta, pretty much anything that is healthy and you can enjoy. Just not a lot of it.

Stay away from drinking "energy drinks" if you are going to be doing aerobic activity, it'll come up real quick.

The Ito

bbmj

Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
Eastbay
i would probaly say avoid eating for at least 2 hours before a ride. if its a lighter meal than your probaly cool. I have done rides with a big carnitas burrito in my belly, but it sure didnt feel very good!

HedgeHog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Atlanta GA
I'll eat something light before a ride. A handful of trailmix, a protein bar, something like that. Eating a full meal is a bad idea. I got sick once doing that. Pretty uncool.

If I do eat a meal, I wait a couple of hours before hitting the trail.