Quantcast

"Education should be free"

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Bwhwhahahahahaaha!

The unscheduled march started at the end of a two-hour rally on Sproul Plaza attended by an estimated 5,000 students, professors and other university employees. The protesters, shoulder to shoulder and chanting "Education should be free. No cuts, no fees," marched through campus, passing by UC Chancellor Robert Birgeneau's office, and then went off campus to Shattuck Avenue, ultimately blocking all lanes of traffic for two block.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/09/24/MN2Q19S3FS.DTL#ixzz0S4RMkQSO

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Fifth-year senior Lajuanda Asemota headed to the picket line, her white T-shirt emblazoned with a block lettered "walkout."

"I'm just really trying to get the word out to younger students that it's your right to walk out," she said. "I feel it's important to walk out because in the U.S. you are supposed to have the freedom to get an education, but not everybody does."
Uh, wat?

Apparently she hasn't paid a lot of attention to the previous 4 years of her (not free) education....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Even if it was, it wouldn't do people like our fifth year senior any good. They would still be retarded.
There is a small number of colleges and universities with bachelor programs that actually take 5 years to complete. Mostly because they require a full year of co-op (paid intership) to get your degree.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
There is a small number of colleges and universities with bachelor programs that actually take 5 years to complete. Mostly because they require a full year of co-op (paid intership) to get your degree.
That could very well be true. I'm just saying, that in the case of the 5th year senior quoted in the story, I'm gonna go ahead and bet that that is not the case.