Feb 12, 2003
i wonder how many said, "come back with a warrant"
i would have been tempted, but know they would have just fckd sh|t up

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
*chuckle* From the YT comments:

Is this even Watertown? Note all the trash cans. Watertown doesn't pick up on Fridays.
http://watertowndpw.org/Pages/WatertownDPW_Recycling/Trash and Recycle List by Street.pdf

Trash pick up is only Monday through Thurs. Isn't it also interesting that they're *only* focusing on this one house while someone else practically leans out the window with a phone trying to get it on camera? If they were doing house-to-house searches, I'd bet that they'd be kicking down his door next...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
*chuckle* From the YT comments:

http://watertowndpw.org/Pages/WatertownDPW_Recycling/Trash and Recycle List by Street.pdf

Trash pick up is only Monday through Thurs. Isn't it also interesting that they're *only* focusing on this one house while someone else practically leans out the window with a phone trying to get it on camera? If they were doing house-to-house searches, I'd bet that they'd be kicking down his door next...
Hmmm... Good catch.

Edit: Not that the trash can thing mean much. My dirt bag neighbors (long time readers know which one) leave their trash cans out for 3-4 days after pickup while their garbage piles up behind the back door.

Last edited:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
The comments on there are priceless, especially the herp derp rednecks who are going after the woman who lives in the area...

edit (in response to said woman):

The blood of 6 million Jews is on your hands. You dragged them out of their houses at gunpoint. You marched them into the camps and led them into the gas chambers. You shot them on sight and threw them in mass graves. You cannot disguise your violent hatred of humanity with mock "fear." Carry this weight heavy in your heart every night as you fall asleep until you repent.

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Cops tactics are horrid...hiding behind trash cans and telephone poles...nice. Had sh!t got ugly there would have been rounds flying all over Mass...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Oh, this is gonna be good.

http://www.vice.com/read/hey-boston-thanks-to-annie-dookhan-your-streets-will-soon-be-flooded-with-drug-criminals

Like when they shut off the containment grid in Ghostbusters. This is why the cops and justice system can't cut corners...
Complete with Willie Hortonesque pic to ratchet up the undie soiling. Liked this bit too.
Isn’t there a double jeopardy situation that would be encountered by re-arresting these newly sprung convicts?
I see what you’re saying, but what we’re anticipating is new crimes. If you look at like the first wave of prisoners who were released in the Boston area, you’re talking about a lot of drug dealers, people with long criminal histories. They’re not like kids, 19- or 20-year olds caught on possession. We’re talking about a lot of people whose business is selling drugs. So, you put them back on the streets and that’s their profession. So a lot of them are going to go back to it. It’s just a matter of time.
So they deserved be in jail, legal or not. Classy.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Complete with Willie Hortonesque pic to ratchet up the undie soiling. Liked this bit too.

So they deserved be in jail, legal or not. Classy.
Well, let's face it. The case isn't about cops planting evidence or otherwise framing the innocent, it's about unreliability of the testing of actual samples taken from crime scenes. I seriously doubt that the samples the cops sent in for testing came from people who were selling large volumes of talcum, or happened to have a big bag of catip and oregano around the house.

Even if cases exist in this group which relate to police misconduct, their inclusion in the swath of people being set free is purely incidental. The most serious miscarriage of justice named seems to be the guy who was selling fake coke but got arrested for selling real coke. That's just karma...and he got lucky the cops got to him before any angry customers did.

Now, I, like you, think drug prohibition is a stupid thing, and drugs should be handled as a public health issue rather than a law enforcement one. Unfortunately, that's not the case right now.

I also think that guilty or not, it's incumbent on the government to show evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to incarcerate someone...and in this case, that reasonable doubt just appeared. It's 100% legally appropriate for all those convicted by evidence handled by this freak to be set free. It's appropriate both on the individual and institutional levels...this must serve as a warning to the authorities everywhere that rules matter and oversight can't be neglected.

But that doesn't mean it's a good thing that those convicted will walk.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
don't get butt hurt when someone video tapes you kicking the sh!t out of someone...
Exactly, the police broke the law. Three of them have been suspended from their normal duties. They are the criminals in this situation.

The suspect was recording the police which is protected by the constitution (SCOTUS and DOJ agree) and in this case arrested on a fabricated charge of "obstruction of justice"

http://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/recording-police-is-a-constitutional-right-says-doj/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/illinois-police-recording_n_2191800.html

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Its not that he was not within his rights to video the Cops, he was and I support that 110%...however, they were in the course of an investigation of an armed robbery. Personally, I would stay as far away as possible at such a time, and would certainly not bring my oversized, owner protective dog out to distract the Cops from doing their job when a possibly armed and dangerous felon is lurking about.

No one had commenced with any ass kickings at the time he was encountered, afaik. His prescence, the dog getting loose, and his intereference with Police procedure directly led to his dog getting shot. Had he been responsible and controlled his dog, stayed back and taken the video, none of this would have happened. He distracted the Cops from their assigned task and possibly caused the escape of a felon who could then continue to victimize and abuse the residents of his neighborhood.

This guy has a history of recording Cops and alledging harassment, sounds like he was looking for a payout to me, and now he may get one. Sorry about the dog, as an animal lover I feel for him. But had he been a responsible pet owner as well as citizen, none of this would have happened.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
You can film from the street (does not have an expectation of privacy). As long as he was not walking on the actual property the police were investigating (or walking in barricaded areas), he has a right to walk on a public sidewalk/street and film and the charges are false.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
while it may not be wise for a woman to dress provocatively & go to bars by herself & get twisted, if she were an easy mark, i do not believe any portion of the charges of an assault would fall to her, and rightly so.

similarly, i don't see a need to blame the victim here, and there is blame for negligence.
JohnE said:
He distracted the Cops from their assigned task and possibly caused the escape of a felon who could then continue to victimize and abuse the residents of his neighborhood.
this might be a good time to observe the perp could actually be the root cause of this kerfuffle.

not such a crazy thought.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
This guy has a history of recording Cops and alledging harassment, sounds like he was looking for a payout to me, and now he may get one. Sorry about the dog, as an animal lover I feel for him. But had he been a responsible pet owner as well as citizen, none of this would have happened.
God I hope so. Maybe a couple huge multi-million-dollar payouts will convince police departments that they need to train their officers better and not to try to arrest anyone who's (legally) videotaping their actions?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Its not that he was not within his rights to video the Cops, he was and I support that 110%...however, they were in the course of an investigation of an armed robbery. Personally, I would stay as far away as possible at such a time, and would certainly not bring my oversized, owner protective dog out to distract the Cops from doing their job when a possibly armed and dangerous felon is lurking about.

No one had commenced with any ass kickings at the time he was encountered, afaik. His prescence, the dog getting loose, and his intereference with Police procedure directly led to his dog getting shot. Had he been responsible and controlled his dog, stayed back and taken the video, none of this would have happened. He distracted the Cops from their assigned task and possibly caused the escape of a felon who could then continue to victimize and abuse the residents of his neighborhood.

wrong. on every point

God I hope so. Maybe a couple huge multi-million-dollar payouts will convince police departments that they need to train their officers better and not to try to arrest anyone who's (legally) videotaping their actions?
qft....but we all know that wont change a damn thing

he had every damn right being there recording the incidents happening. the dog wouldnt have jumped out of the car if those scumbags didnt get a power trip and arrest the man for legally being there. hopefully they get whats coming to them

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
fvck the police...with a rottweiler up their collective asses
lawyer up & drain the swamp
as to the dog 'alerting on illegal drugs': pretty stupid for the cop to assert, for this could be used to take the dog off the streets catching actual criminals while it's being re-trained.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
as to the dog 'alerting on illegal drugs': pretty stupid for the cop to assert, for this could be used to take the dog off the streets catching actual criminals while it's being re-trained.
unfortunately, im sure this technique works well enough and enough times that they take that chance. even if they did find drugs in his car, its still an illegal search from the beginning