Quantcast

\\\Effing Monderp GMT///

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Changed to summer time here. On one side I'm super sleepy on the other it's good that I get to see light when I live work. I want the daylight savings time to stop and EU is supposedly planing to end it but I hope we stay in summer time and get more light in the evining since I don't really care about light when I'm barely conscious.

Now all I need to be happy is for people to GTFO out of my overcrowded gym so the squat rack isn't blocked by some moron doing curls.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good mornin!

Grandpa passed away early Saturday morning at the ripe old age of 97. He certainly had a good run, Grew up a poor kid of a single mom back when that was rare, flew fighter planes in WWII, had a long and distinguished military career that took him all around the world, was my first fishing buddy, and was present for all of the important milestones in my life when my other set of grandparents couldn't be bothered. Glad I had the opportunity to say goodbye and thanks at Christmas as it doesn't sound like I'll be available to fly home for his funeral.

On another note, I heard one neighbor screaming at the other one yesterday for eating gluten and wheat and sugar. ROFL! :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So excited it's Monday. Actually, I'm not. Just kidding. My fts scale is high. I got no studying done this past weekend, so late nights to catch up.

Got my taxes back this morning. Pretty much where you want to end up: flat. Owed fed, owe state, cost to do = $200 back. I'll call it a win for forward planning.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Le sigh.. work.

Went for two short hikes yesterday in an effort to not bust a lung. I think I need to go to the doctors to get this crap looked at.

Found this in the middle of a swamp. Old hunting spot.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Good mornin!

Grandpa passed away early Saturday morning at the ripe old age of 97. He certainly had a good run, Grew up a poor kid of a single mom back when that was rare, flew fighter planes in WWII, had a long and distinguished military career that took him all around the world, was my first fishing buddy, and was present for all of the important milestones in my life when my other set of grandparents couldn't be bothered. Glad I had the opportunity to say goodbye and thanks at Christmas as it doesn't sound like I'll be available to fly home for his funeral.

On another note, I heard one neighbor screaming at the other one yesterday for eating gluten and wheat and sugar. ROFL! :rofl:
Sorry to hear it Adventurous. Sounds like you have a good outlook on it though. You're lucky you had those experiences and those memories.

I'm still hungover from yesterday's awesomeness. I'm glad I work in a fun environment, otherwise it would be torture to be in the office today.

have a good day y'all.

edited to add a picture from yesterday of my boy and his buddies all loading up in the chair in front of us. They had a blast. was awesome not to have to hold his hand. and it's hilarious how much peer pressure works to get kids to progress.

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Took some time off to ski last week, visit with friends and generally hang out in a trick log cabin up at about 11,800'. Spent a day at Breckenridge skiing for the first time. I found tons of really interesting terrain there. I'd love to return when conditions we're right. Yesterday was bluebird skies and great spring snow and many, many hot laps off the Continental Divide were on the menu. I actually slept 8 hours last night.

Today is work and dealing with BS, of course. Have a great day, people!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Spent a day at Breckenridge skiing for the first time. I found tons of really interesting terrain there. I'd love to return when conditions we're right.
Breckenridge midweek is the one thing I'm going to miss from the Epic pass. But Ikon all the way now!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got laid off today. Never loved the job so its really okay but I would have liked to done it on my own terms but that should not be the case. Still not sure why they hired me in the first place. Salary until June 30th so I should be able to find something before then Ideally enjoy spring and start August 1st.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got laid off today. Never loved the job so its really okay but I would have liked to done it on my own terms but that should not be the case. Still not sure why they hired me in the first place. Salary until June 30th so I should be able to find something before then Ideally enjoy spring and start August 1st.
Unwind, get some interviews, get a raise.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ride your gravel bike to Skagen and back! Good luck with everything. Did your wife get that job?

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Went kayaking on Saturday at one of the lakes past Phoenix. Wasn't cold or hot. We quit after about 6 miles because we had a new person with us who was getting tired, and the wind and waves were starting to pick up anyway. Back to the grind today, some riding in store this week.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ride your gravel bike to Skagen and back! Good luck with everything. Did your wife get that job?
The wife got her job so that is really cool. It will be good to have some time to support her.

I am sure it will lead to something better. I know much more about working here and what I am good at. Time to finish the house project, enjoy the garden and get in even better shape.