Quantcast

El Gato is a blonde now...? When did this happen?! =)

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I saw this earlier on PB about moose-whisperer, and all around nice person, Micayla Gatto:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Micayla-Gatto-Athlete-Profile-alterna-video-2012.html

It's not your typical off-season vid in that it's not a documentary piece. I've had the chance to meet Micayla a few times over the years and she definitely has a great sense of humor (recall her response last year at the Windham WC to commentary by amateur gynecologist and cargo container enthusiast, Adam Brayton) and a positive attitude.

The overall tone of the vid definitely reflects her sense of humor and playfulness. The vid takes some getting used to, but once you get past the stylized nature of the segue points, it's pretty fun to watch. It would be nice to see some more creativity like this in other vids of the same subject.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Micayla kicks ass!! first met her years back in Ft William and then became good buds when we were stuck in Chile during the earthquake. All around awesome gal and a ridiculous artist!! Here's a skate deck she did for me!

Lucent Art Deck | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

That vid is awesome, I just don't know how I feel about the glamour shots at the beginning....but hey, sex sells in a male dominate sport. Production wise it's top notch, def can appreciate all the effort they put into it!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
That vid is awesome, I just don't know how I feel about the glamour shots at the beginning....but hey, sex sells in a male dominate sport. Production wise it's top notch, def can appreciate all the effort they put into it!
Yeah it does come off a bit cheap. At least try to be original.
I think that was done to be silly, actually. If you've ever met any of the Elite female WC riders, they are some of the most chill, down to earth, and friendly girls you'll ever meet. They're also tough and most could care less about breaking a nail - putting on a fancy dress definitely goes against their image as racers. So I think this was done for a bit of fun and for the sake of doing something different.

Gunner - WOW... Micayla drew and designed THAT?! Amazing. The girl definitely has talent with a pen and a brush.

Last edited: