Quantcast

Election Day(s) Thread.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I hadn't heard or read this before, and thought it was fascinating...

Maybe everyone else already knew this, or it was obvious, or whatever. Anyways. Carry on.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I hadn't heard or read this before, and thought it was fascinating...

Maybe everyone else already knew this, or it was obvious, or whatever. Anyways. Carry on.
Hmmm. Interesting read. Years ago I wondered what the deal was with the blue southeastern corner of VA. I had read that there was a larger population of former slaves that were allowed to settle there after the civil war because the dirt was crap. Early bad tobacco farming practices had pulled the nutrients out of the topsoil leading to defoliation and erosion.

The land in the part of virginia where I lived was garbage on the east side of the Shenandoahs but good on the west. By the time farmers made it over the mountains they had developed better farming practices and the soil remained fertile.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Best comment I've come across because Biden is getting an expanded Secret Service squad dispatched to him:

That's President-elect Joe Biden. Protect this man with your life...REPUBLICANS, else you will get President Harris. And if you take her out too, President Sanders with vice-president AOC, with interim President Pelosi in the meantime. Poor Boys should now be a 24/7 private bodyguard outfit for Biden if they know about damage mitigation.
Obviously AOC can't be VP because she's not old enough, but to point still stands. If the crazy right want to go after him and so on, the Democrats can push back hard with a more progressive response. Sanders was the next highest vote receiver than Biden in the primary; it would make sense.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Best comment I've come across because Biden is getting an expanded Secret Service squad dispatched to him:

Obviously AOC can't be VP because she's not old enough, but to point still stands. If the crazy right want to go after him and so on, the Democrats can push back hard with a more progressive response. Sanders was the next highest vote receiver than Biden in the primary; it would make sense.
Don't think it works that way