Quantcast

***eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning. Balmy 22F outside, we may break a low high temp record in Boston today. Heat is on and there's paper thin sliced polish ham, german pickels, dutch cheese, french baguette and cuban coffee on my table so life is good. Ride later today when the temps get a little more human.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morn. Wife woke me up at the ungodly hour of 7:00 this morning because apparently I had "slept enough." 10 hours is never too much!! Then we rode the bike trainers for an hour (lame) and now we've got chores to do. Need coffee.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
paced 12yo at a 5k the am. started at 7:30 and it was 37*. FTS. much coffee now. leaf raking/leaf fort building later. then beers.

still recovering from a long day in asheville/Biltmore with the parents/fam yesterday, particularly the deadly combo of my kids being wild/my mom worrying/complaining THE WHOLE TIME.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
wanted to sleep in but the 3 furballs said get up and feed us sucka....hard to sleep when two dogs are jumping on your back and the third is barking in your ear.

The wife is going to try and ride her horse today. we shall see if the foot tolerates the riding boot and the riding. bring the med kit in case the area of the missing toes starts to bleed.

now for some coffee

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If drunk frat bro sing-along music is your thing, sure.
This is part of the reason why I never got into music more recent than, say 1945: too many faux-elitists who look down on others' music. "Oh, that's too mainstream. I'm too cool for that."

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its below 0 outside, there is snow and I have a new phatttt bike, but we're going to go ride the normal trail bikes on a big trail ride. Should be fuckin' fun. Definitely packing a stout for the mid-ride break.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Love DKM, been following them since before the frat boys climbed aboard. Just gotta catch the right show/songs/crowd. Fercryinoutloud, listen to what grooves YOU like, dont let others opinions shape yours.

And to my fellow RM Vet types, have a safe and sane Veterans Day weekend. Thank you for you sacrifices.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This is part of the reason why I never got into music more recent than, say 1945: too many faux-elitists who look down on others' music. "Oh, that's too mainstream. I'm too cool for that."
So...you're a legit elitist then ? :busted:

I always thought it was weird how personal and defensive people get about the music they listen to. Back in Art School I used to harass hippies about the Dead and some would get so mad they wanted to take a swing at me. Peace and Love until you insult Jerry man.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Raining here, doing daddy stuff. Wanting to dig em bike trails in the mud. Baby sitting controlled atmosphere equipment that is pulling 02 out of apple storages.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
High quality, low color on the pinks. Harvest kind of came to a screeching halt due to weather and everyone scrambled to put the fruit in the bins. The color/ripeness timing went out the window. Lots of tasty apples hanging in the orchards that wont make it to market.

As far as grannies, it has been a fun ride. The industry/market ran out of grannies in August and prices went through the roof. People were getting $40+ per box for a long time. As a result people starting picking early, while the apples were pure starch and lots of shitty apples were boxed and shipped early that needed another month on the tree. So early grannies probably taste like shit. All the late season stuff should be on par and delicious.

Come over and we can fill your trunk with apples...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
went for a frozen earth ride today. it was sunny and just below freezing. super nice out. barely any mud, except for in the sunny patches. it was good fun.
Then I dropped my wife off at the train station with my oldest. They're going to visit her mom for the night, and will be back tomorrow evening. So just it's me a the little man today. we're off to do groceries now, then it will be tacos for dinner. hopefully I can convince him to go for a hike tomorrow. should be nice out.

sold my reverb too, right pleased about that. in person, so no messin around with post offices, paypal and wondering if I'll get to keep the money.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Good ride in just above freezing temperatures right before the sunset, also got to help a dude with a chain saw clean some deadfall that has been blocking a trail for months and months and that official unionized massholes chose to have ignored. Now I am waiting for my limbs to thaw, then I am cooking some split pea soup and G&Ts.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
High quality, low color on the pinks. Harvest kind of came to a screeching halt due to weather and everyone scrambled to put the fruit in the bins. The color/ripeness timing went out the window. Lots of tasty apples hanging in the orchards that wont make it to market.

As far as grannies, it has been a fun ride. The industry/market ran out of grannies in August and prices went through the roof. People were getting $40+ per box for a long time. As a result people starting picking early, while the apples were pure starch and lots of shitty apples were boxed and shipped early that needed another month on the tree. So early grannies probably taste like shit. All the late season stuff should be on par and delicious.

Come over and we can fill your trunk with apples...
NPR had a special about Hop Farming and general Yakima goodness. It was cool.