Quantcast

Eli Manning Saga Continues...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Archie Manning Asks NFL Defensemen Not To Tackle His Son

NEW YORK--First, there was the 2004 draft, in which Archie Manning asked the San Diego Chargers not to select his son Eli with the first pick. The Chargers were insulted, but shipped young Manning to the Giants anyway. Now the senior Manning has issued a request to all NFL defensemen: Please don’t tackle my son.

http://www.thebrushback.com/manning_full.htm

My favorite line: When reached for comment, Urlacher vowed to capture Manning’s flag and use it to choke the life out of him.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis promised to remove Manning’s head from his body and vomit down his neck, if given the chance.

“Let me put it this way,” said Lewis from his home in Tampa. “When we play the Giants, it will be my mission to destroy him. I will stomp on him, spit on him, and crush his hopes and dreams. In fact, if he survives the game I will be very surprised. Don’t forget people—I’m crazy. I killed someone.”

LOL!

Good stuff. :)

RandomV

Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
Indiana
“Let me put it this way,” said Lewis from his home in Tampa. “When we play the Giants, it will be my mission to destroy him. I will stomp on him, spit on him, and crush his hopes and dreams. In fact, if he survives the game I will be very surprised. Don’t forget people—I’m crazy. I killed someone.”

HAHAHAHA!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
"When reached for comment, Urlacher vowed to capture Manning’s flag and use it to choke the life out of him."

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by Echo
No way! I saw the interview on ESPN!
Years ago when me and a pal used to ride and crash ALOT because we were groms, we used to chime out the "Sportcenter" jingle after we crashed.:D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Not warranting its own thread, but on the front page of el Brushback :D :

Lance Armstrong Thinks He’s Such A Hot **** For Overcoming Cancer

DENVER--According to several sources, Lance Armstrong, 5 time Tour de France winner, thinks he’s such a hot **** just because he overcame cancer. The 35-year old Armstrong constantly mentions his “battle” with cancer in conversations with friends, family members, and new girlfriend Sheryl Crow.
“I used to really admire Lance for the way he got through cancer to win the Tour de France,” said Crow. “But that was before I started dating him. Now every time we have a conversation it’s ‘Cancer this’ and ‘Cancer that.’ Big deal. I overcame bronchitis to sing at Woodstock, but you don’t hear me rubbing everyone’s nose in it.”
Armstrong was shocked to hear Crow accuse him of being arrogant. He insisted that he only mentions his cancer scare when he’s trying to inspire lesser people to overcome their own puny obstacles.
“I thought people appreciated my awesome story about triumph of the human spirit,” said Armstrong. “I’m not trying to be arrogant. I’m just trying to inspire people to be as excellent as I am. Like when Sheryl is whining about a goddamn hangnail or something, I’ll say ‘Hey, I overcame cancer. You can get through this. Just have faith and be strong.’ And this is the thanks I get? Well screw her. I always liked Alanis Morisette better anyway.”

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
From the same issue:

Lance Armstrong Thinks He’s Such A Hot **** For Overcoming Cancer
DENVER--According to several sources, Lance Armstrong, 5 time Tour de France winner, thinks he’s such a hot **** just because he overcame cancer. The 35-year old Armstrong constantly mentions his “battle” with cancer in conversations with friends, family members, and new girlfriend Sheryl Crow.
“I used to really admire Lance for the way he got through cancer to win the Tour de France,” said Crow. “But that was before I started dating him. Now every time we have a conversation it’s ‘Cancer this’ and ‘Cancer that.’ Big deal. I overcame bronchitis to sing at Woodstock, but you don’t hear me rubbing everyone’s nose in it.”
Armstrong was shocked to hear Crow accuse him of being arrogant. He insisted that he only mentions his cancer scare when he’s trying to inspire lesser people to overcome their own puny obstacles.
“I thought people appreciated my awesome story about triumph of the human spirit,” said Armstrong. “I’m not trying to be arrogant. I’m just trying to inspire people to be as excellent as I am. Like when Sheryl is whining about a goddamn hangnail or something, I’ll say ‘Hey, I overcame cancer. You can get through this. Just have faith and be strong.’ And this is the thanks I get? Well screw her. I always liked Alanis Morisette better anyway.”