Quantcast

EndurBrah's, why the shorter stems?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I took a lunch ride on my local stupid fvcking climb. I'm thinking I want to try a 60mm stem over my current 50. Can't imagine descending will be compromised with my mad skillz, but climbing might suck slightly less.

Carry on.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I took a lunch ride on my local stupid fvcking climb. I'm thinking I want to try a 60mm stem over my current 50. Can't imagine descending will be compromised with my mad skillz, but climbing might suck slightly less.

Carry on.
Before you do that, try removing a spacer from under your current stem.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Carry on.
New bars going on wifes bike when they turn up are 30mm wider, I was contemplating dropping from a 60mm stem to a 50mm for her. I sense an opportunity for exchange and test might arise.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
thanks @Muddy ! Let me experiment a bit more and I might take you up on that generous offer.
Stack-height is 42mm; 0 deg. Factor this into where your current stem keeps the bars and to the usable steer-tube.

It's the model KHS put on their DH Bikes. Two seasons of use - '13 & '14 then onto my Commuter last two years.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
ok. will report back ....

While you're open to ideas, try standing in front of your house at 7am with one leg de-panted, a tank top on backwards, with a bloody mary in one hand, a mickey mouse flag in the other while singing enter sandman in searing falsetto.

Won't do much for your climbing but the neighbors will dig it. Mine do.

I've got an easton 55mm stem if you want to try it.