Quantcast

Epitaph?

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I heard from TheTruth's mouth that they are making Alpine a Rock Garden just to make things interesting.....

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
whatcha got details wise? I'm not gonna get there for some time to come.......c'mon....give![/QUO

it starts out fun, then there's more fun when you hit the steep gnarly rock chute, then there's more fun, and then you hit stalker. go do it.

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007
Great trail. Starts off nice and smooth. Then you find a long steep section, roughly 30'. its nice now but once the racers hit it next week it will be a whole different line. We did it on the second run of the day and I would like to suggest they name it "Wake Up Call" because if you are not up yet you will be after this run. As always fun none the less.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
not a fan, lots of rocks that snag your pedals. SLOW. a few holes. but the two chutes are gnarly
when did you ride it? it was kind of sketch on sat, but now that it's been ridden for 3 days it's way better.

trail crew did a great job with it.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
when did you ride it? it was kind of sketch on sat, but now that it's been ridden for 3 days it's way better.

trail crew did a great job with it.
today, i hit my pedals on just about every rock at the top. (most of which i cant see with the poofy grass), it was really slick with dust and plant. all the rocks move and roll away. i got stuck in a hole in one of the front turns, and on my attempt to get onto the ninja drop line on my last run, the "ramp" collapsed as i rode up it. Has alot of potential, but will need ALOT of work IMO

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
today, i hit my pedals on just about every rock at the top. (most of which i cant see with the poofy grass), it was really slick with dust and plant. all the rocks move and roll away. i got stuck in a hole in one of the front turns, and on my attempt to get onto the ninja drop line on my last run, the "ramp" collapsed as i rode up it. Has alot of potential, but will need ALOT of work IMO
gotcha. every new trail needs tweaking. those two steep chutes are great though. i don't think that a lot of people are riding the high "ramp" line at the bottom, which is prob why some of the rocks came loose for you.

something new is always fun though; especially a new natural DH trail. i'm sure they'll make adjustments this week so be sure to check it out.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Priceless!

I wish there was an award for who can descend the slowest.:weee:

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
solutions: take the pedals off your bike, get rock vision to see rocks through grass, get gazz 3.0.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
its probably because of your two feet of rearward axle path :confused:

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
well after a **** ton of rain this morning i went and did some riding (including epitaph) and i must say in the wet with all the fresh loam packing up my tires....it was really sketchy. I think the idea behind the trail is a good one but the opening turns are awkward and slow then once you pick up speed from the two chutes you gotta jam on the brakes right before you enter stalker...like I said the idea of the trail etc is good, but it needs some work...

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
well after a **** ton of rain this morning i went and did some riding (including epitaph) and i must say in the wet with all the fresh loam packing up my tires....it was really sketchy. I think the idea behind the trail is a good one but the opening turns are awkward and slow then once you pick up speed from the two chutes you gotta jam on the brakes right before you enter stalker...like I said the idea of the trail etc is good, but it needs some work...
there goes mr . right again.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
was it really that bad wet? it just rained hard for about half hour, thought it make it awesomer (yes i just said that) going there tomorrow jon? how about you jewseph?

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
rumor has it that trail adjustments were made to epitaph hopefully all of our issues have been fixed...well good luck this weekend to all stay fast and stay upright