Quantcast

errrbuddy in da club gittin tipsee

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
has anyone else been exposed to this blatant assault on the ears? I was coming home from mother's day yest, and we had Venessa's kids with us and I was forced to sit thru that whole time frame of spew coming from the speakers, God, it's awful, and they call this bullschit music?! Just wondering, and ranting. It was just soo freakin terrible, I had to bitch about it :angry:

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
... it's awful, and they call this bullschit music?!
I hear ya. Most of the so-called music out today, just sucks.

but the path that rap, pop etc has taken is even worse, it is pure crap.

sorry for you and I feel you pain

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
I must say this too, that when that, (I won't call it a song, so I need another adjective to describe it) was over, I made them sit thru "Tuesday's Gone" from Skynrd. Had to replace the soul that was killed off with some good stuff :thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yeah it's pretty bad. It's like Ebonics Rev 2.o with a fake computer beat behind it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not just the clubs. Was in a restaurant on friday and they had some decent music playing. Problem was that it was too loud for me to hear the conversation that was going on at my own table. I have good hearing but have problems hearing people through a bunch of background noise. So I just sat there pounding beers.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Go country!

:D

Gretchen Wilson (SONY artist) is a redneck girl I wouldn't mind rolling around in the mud with....:rolleyes:

Here website (watch the "Redneck Woman" video) http://www.gretchenwilson.com/

Selection of the lyrics:
Victoria's Secret, well their stuff's real nice/ but I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price/ and still look sexy, just as sexy as those models on TV/ I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me/ well, you might think I'm trashy, a little too hardcore/ but in my neck of the woods I'm just the girl next door

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yes, even the thought of it now makes me want to cut my ears off with dull garden lops

With pine sap on them?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by RhinofromWA
Go country!

:D

Gretchen Wilson (SONY artist) is a redneck girl I wouldn't mind rolling around in the mud with....:rolleyes:

Here website (watch the "Redneck Woman" video) http://www.gretchenwilson.com/

Selection of the lyrics:
I am sure that the mud on here jeans was carefully applied by a makeup artist. Of course that makes no difference on the fact that I'd hit it.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Westy
I am sure that the mud on here jeans was carefully applied by a makeup artist. Of course that makes no difference on the fact that I'd hit it.
Check out the video.....she is driving a big old 4x4 truck around in a grass/mud field and throwing some mud along with riding an ATV.....lol you just don't see much of that up in WA state.

Here Bio looks pretty rough......tending bar at 14yo....

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
You know it's true

the video killed the radio star.

Hell, as long as the girls/guys are hot, and the song is short, easy to remember and very bass heavy, you got a hit.

I guess that what happens in a free economic market :p. The market responds to what sells, and who has the most to spend. In the case of music, it usually is teenagers, with no other montly expenses.

I guess this is also what happens when we cut art and music out the education of the children.

Crank up the stones and ride on

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by stosh
HOt chicks don't drive trucks like that.
I saw one at a Taco Bell drive thru last Thurs.....Jeep Cherokee with a huge lift, mud'n tires, and it was well used.....with all sorts of Girl Power and such stickers on the windows and bumper.

They do exist....I guess. My girl drives a 88 Subaru Justy (2wd) :D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I saw one at a Taco Bell drive thru last Thurs.....Jeep Cherokee with a huge lift, mud'n tires, and it was well used.....with all sorts of Girl Power and such stickers on the windows and bumper.

They do exist....I guess. My girl drives a 88 Subaru Justy (2wd) :D

was there any rainbow stickers or comments about eating or licking carpet?

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
Stosh

You read my mind. I was think, a jeep + a lift kit = lebanese.

not that there is anything wrong with that ;)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA

From the video shoot...

I guess video did kill the radio star.....or atleast make them get a haircut. :rolleyes: It made all those gangly band geeks in HS think twice about following a music carreer. It is a shame more geeks can't learn how to play guitar to score with chicks 'cause they are so odd looking.......;)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
No, and I looked for it....:D

WA lesbians seem to like the Jeep Wrangler more so....usuall a Navy Blue or Dark Green ....for some reason. With the thin rainbow sticker accross the back.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
has anyone else been exposed to this blatant assault on the ears? I was coming home from mother's day yest, and we had Venessa's kids with us and I was forced to sit thru that whole time frame of spew coming from the speakers, God, it's awful, and they call this bullschit music?! Just wondering, and ranting. It was just soo freakin terrible, I had to bitch about it :angry:
Awwww jyyyeahhhh booooyyeeee....

one here comes tha two to tha three to tha fo..everybody drunk out on da dance floor...

Dude...that's a great song...J Kwon baby!

Dtrain

Chimp
Apr 12, 2004
Maine
Originally posted by Hawkeye
Have you heard that song that goes

"Rubberband man, wild as the Taliban" It usally follows the Tipsy song int he Chicago radio market.
That is by the Raper T.I. (curently in jail for violation of probation for drug position)
I am culturly diverse and like all types of music from ACDC to Jay Z to Sum 41
I like music so I know a lot of songs, I have a lot of songs on my computer!

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Originally posted by dh girlie
Awwww jyyyeahhhh booooyyeeee....

one here comes tha two tha three to tha fo..everybody drunk out on da dance floor...

Dude...that's a great song...J Kwon baby!

Damn you woman! It was bad enough yesterday, that's why I'm bitching about it today :angry: :angry:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Damn you woman! It was bad enough yesterday, that's why I'm bitching about it today :angry: :angry:
surely the songs played before and after were Beyonce...that song that goes...Naughty girl...callin all the girls....

and my personal fave...Ludacris, Lil Jon (Okayyy...yyyyeaahhh!) and Usher...take that rewind it back lil jon got the beat that make your booty go WHACK!

HAHAHAHAHAH!

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Originally posted by Dtrain
That is by the Raper T.I. (curently in jail for violation of probation for drug position)
I am culturly diverse and like all types of music from ACDC to Jay Z to Sum 41
I like music so I know a lot of songs, I have a lot of songs on my computer!
I like some rap music too. It just seems like the game has fallen off since the glory days of NWA, Scarface, and the like.

Alot of the rappers today are getting by on sloppy lyrics and a good beats. Look at Masta P and all of his crew. "Make Um say UUhh" that's just awful.

5cents

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
in the 303/720
surely the songs played before and after were Beyonce...that song that goes...Naughty girl...callin all the girls....

and my personal fave...Ludacris, Lil Jon (Okayyy...yyyyeaahhh!) and Usher...take that rewind it back lil jon got the beat that make your booty go WHACK!

HAHAHAHAHAH!
My God!!

What, do you have MTV/ TRL streaming were ever you go/ are?

I swear, I work with people who love that stuff, but it drives me to drink, especially more than 1 song, in an hour

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002

HAHAHAHAHAH!

I really couldn't tell ya, the only way I remember this serving of on air yak bial was those six words getting repetitively pounded into my subconcious, thereby effectively scarring my personal psyche for life by actually knowing what was being said :angry:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by 5cents
My God!!

What, do you have MTV/ TRL streaming were ever you go/ are?

I swear, I work with people who love that stuff, but it drives me to drink, especially more than 1 song, in an hour
HAHAHA!...no...I don't watch MTV unless its Pimp my Ride...but if I hear one of those songs on the radio...and I like it...I simply switch it to the other hip hop station and you're almost 100% guaranteed to hear the same exact song on THAT station too...sometimes...I just ride in silence...the radio gets repetive...theres so much crap on ALL the stations...and I'm so tired of all my cd's...and there haven't been many new cd's that are any good...musics been bad lately...on another note...I got tickets to a local radio stations annual music festival...featuring....special guest...

THE BEASTIE BOYYYYYYSSS! and the Violent Femmes...buncha other crappy bands but I'll just go for the femmes and the b boys...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I really couldn't tell ya, the only way I remember this serving of on air yak bial was those six words getting repetitively pounded into my subconcious, thereby effectively scarring my personal psyche for life by actually knowing what was being said :angry:
I can't take you seriously when you forced something just as horrific on Vanessa's children there after...

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
I can't take you seriously when you forced something just as horrific on Vanessa's children there after...

oh man oh man! you're wrong on so many different levels :angry: they have to be exposed to the good stuff that has some soul in it, otherwise they'd be the kind of people you see that are 30 still hanging out with high school kids with their hats backerds spouting phrases like "whazzup boyeeezz", "yo yo yo" and other foolish nonsense they picked up from today's radio programming :cool:

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
No, and I looked for it....:D

WA lesbians seem to like the Jeep Wrangler more so....usuall a Navy Blue or Dark Green ....for some reason. With the thin rainbow sticker accross the back.
Hmm. Maybe I need to have a little chat with my girlfriend. She has a lifted jeep. It's dark green. It's a CJ-7, though, not a wrangler. And it has a deer hunting sticker on the window, not a rainbow.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by Atomic Dog
Hmm. Maybe I need to have a little chat with my girlfriend. She has a lifted jeep. It's dark green. It's a CJ-7, though, not a wrangler. And it has a deer hunting sticker on the window, not a rainbow.
Does it have air conditioning? If yes, you might want to have a talk with her.....;)

Post some pics up while you are at it. :D

Wassobe

Chimp
Feb 9, 2004
simsbury
Rap and hip-hop is good. J kwon, 50 cent, and any of the other people you hear on the radio are not rap though. They are people who simply have someone else come up with good beats and catchy hooks for them, and then they ramble on about stupid ****.

Listen to Zion I, Aesop Rock, Jedi Mind Tricks, Dilated Peoples, Atmosphere, ...etc. So many more.