Quantcast

ETSU Spring Race - Nationals Qualifier

bmbass

Chimp
Sep 20, 2010
Hippyville, NC
edit: nevermind, found answer

Anyone in asheville wants to tag along I was thinking about checking out the courses this week sometime.

Last edited:

cyclenski23

Chimp
Dec 7, 2009
Its looking like i may do the WR trip as well following the races on saturday, camping somewhere up there for the night.
im probably giong to bring my truck, so if we need a shuttle for 6-7 people, it should be available.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Yah Jeremy, good riding on the slalom! I wish the lightning and tornadoes didn't come... I just wanted a second run at the guy I raced in run 1. Would have been a great round of four if the rain had just held off a few more minutes. oh Well, it rained all around us the entire time we were riding the slalom so I guess it is one of those half full, half empty debates. The racing was definitely fun while it lasted! Thanks to the ETSU Boys! Good job guys, I will have to put that shovel to use!

cyclenski23

Chimp
Dec 7, 2009
Thanks ETSU for a great weekend, too bad about the rain-out, but at least everyone i talked to had a great time!

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
Downhill Results

Sorry for the weather everybody. We are going to refund anyone who registered for 4X that didnt get a refund before they left. We would like to do it through paypal. So I will post up some instructions here to ensure everyone gets their money back.

Last edited:

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
big thanks to the crew at etsu for the ton of work they put into this race! i was over a few weeks earlier and i was pretty amazed they pulled it off with all the course work. good job guys, sorry about the weather.

Craig, the battle continues...

Keith

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Gents,
Thanks for a great day. The drive down from Michigan was a long one, but, your hospitality and a blast on the course made it worthwhile. Shame I couldnt stay for the 4X or DS, but will do so next year.
Thanks again

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Also, I know this is a long shot. But did anyone get video coverage of the slalom race. I want to take footage of this course to a local guy here in charge of a city trail system. That slalom got me hooked. We need more of those kinds of courses/races around here!

wiL

Monkey
Nov 28, 2006
Greenville, SC
Also, I know this is a long shot. But did anyone get video coverage of the slalom race. I want to take footage of this course to a local guy here in charge of a city trail system. That slalom got me hooked. We need more of those kinds of courses/races around here!

Foe realz.

caleb

Chimp
Mar 30, 2010
how can you tell by your usac page if you qualified or not? Cause i have a cat 2 license but they gave me points for cat 1, so it says that it does not qualify for my license?

adrock33

Monkey
May 7, 2002
kentucky
The USAC page doesn't list the Dual Slalom Cat 1 40+ riders. Please make sure you update this info. Thanks again for putting on a great event.

Apr 13, 2011
Georgia
tbird0216
Can you help me out also. It posted my cat 3 ranks on USAC, but I'm New to USAC and RM, so I wasn't sure if I qualified for Nationals. Please help.

Thanks,
Spencer

jwray

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
Likewise to Caleb. Only have a cat 2 license but it qualified me for cat 1.

Hope you can change that,
James

adrock33

Monkey
May 7, 2002
kentucky
tbird - Matt Mills Dual Slalom Cat 1 40+ and I didn't see Andy Devault's name. He's in the same category as me. Are you guys going to do anymore races this year. ETSU has always been my favorite races. Thanks again.

caleb

Chimp
Mar 30, 2010
ok well my name is Caleb Baity and my username on USAC is also Caleb Baity. Is that all you need?

Jun 11, 2004
I just noticed on the USAC site that the results were not broken down by age?

So in Cat 1 the racing age was just 19 and up.......?

Not 19-29.....30-39......40-49.....?

I'm confused.

Jun 11, 2004
Oops!

The results actually were broken down by age: 19-29.....30-39....40-49

But then used each racers finishing place from the whole Cat 1 field. Age: 19-49.

Ha ha.......I'm still confused! :rofl:

tbird0216

Chimp
Dec 24, 2004
Johnson City TN
ok i think i have the results all figured out. for some reason cat 1 and 2 junior are showing up as 01 and 02 but usa cycling should be able to figure that out. i think usac will wait a little while until they announce qualified riders. but if you placed top 15 in your age category you should expect to qualify.

caleb

Chimp
Mar 30, 2010
I placed top fifteen, im more worried about not getting qualified because i dont get the points for the place i got since it is assigned to cat 1 when i have a cat 2 license. So i havent payed for a cat 1 so they dont give you the points for a cat 1 race.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I have a question regarding the results. I placed second in my Cat/Age Group, but 20th in the Overall Cat. So on the USAC results I am listed 2nd, but with a 20th place by my name. Any idea how this will affect my qualifying status?