Quantcast

ever have one of those days?

neurostar

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Rochester, NY or Boise, ID
Got back from work today, ready to do my first serious ride since getting back from a lengthy backpacking trip. Got all set up, got some good food in me, and headed out... Then, less than a mile out, pssst. Flat tire. And since it's a mile from home, it's not worth getting a ride... so I walk back. Of course, I'm all out of tubes... So I patch it and get back on the bike, sure that I won't be able to get back by dark... but I do the route anyway. ;)

I get to the top of the ridge and drop down, because i want to climb the hill. I refill water bottles at the bottom and turn around and head back up.... just at the base of the climb... psssst.... :help:

All in all though, I'm happy I got on the bike.... just being able to get that little bit of riding in made all the difference. And my legs hurt, so it must have done some good! :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Totally. Every once in awhile I wonder if I should just take a hint and not ride that day. How many things should I let go wrong before I decide to pack it in?

Way to hang in there. :thumb:

neurostar

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Rochester, NY or Boise, ID
Two in a row!

Nate and I went riding today... in a less than 10 mile ride, we had the following:

- 3 Flat Tires (2 by Nate, one by me)
- Broken Chain (mine)
- Broken tire lever.

It made for an... interesting ride. Hopefully I'll be able to finish a ride between now and when summer ends ;)