Quantcast

Ever "racked" yourself as an adult?

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Ok, ladies, you're gonna hurt when you read this. Just racked "myself" the other day. Landed very hard, from about 3 feet up on the top tube. Hit so hard I tore a little gashing wound about 1/16th inch deep into my lower labia. My whole right side is swollen and black and blue. Not a very pretty sight. Bled quite a bit also. Very disturbing feeling when "things" aren't looking how they're suppose to. Should be back on the bike in about 4 weeks. Oh yeah, and you know what I'm not gonna be getting for awhile. :eek:

altagirl

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Utah
^^Yikes!!!! Heal up fast!

I wrecked pretty spectacularly last weekend off a 10' drop. Bruised my hip bone and gut - could barely breathe for a while. The medic who checked me out said most likely I bruised an ovary, since that's the only organ in the area I bruised. That was a new one...

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
A girl I bike with went over her bars last week. She has a total of 15 stitches on the inside of both lips. Stem actualy went up and in and cut. I dont know how it ended up being that bad. I cant imagine that...

mcgowanc

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Boulder CO
oh man that sounds terrible. Its amazing she did not lose any teeth. One of my friends when face first into a rock on the practice loop in Moab, and lost 4 of her front teeth... not a fun time, she was such a rock star though.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
mcgowanc said:
oh man that sounds terrible. Its amazing she did not lose any teeth. One of my friends when face first into a rock on the practice loop in Moab, and lost 4 of her front teeth... not a fun time, she was such a rock star though.

no no. Not those lips....V lips. racked her self...

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Aaah, now that takes it. I thought I was bad. My pussy is hurting right now. Damn, I can't think about this anymore. Can't wait to ride again! (lol)

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
ow. after reading this thread......

i've got a stem pad and a toptube pad i throw on the bike for lift assist and big downhill days. i think i *may* have to start riding with them on the bike EVERY day.

ow.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
your carnage is seriously grossing me out. i haven't even ever really racked myself but now i'm going to get a pad for my top tube just from hearing your stories.

can you find one at any bike shop? do i have to do a homemade thing?

radjockette

Monkey
Jun 26, 2004
PNW woods
Hey MB,
I think core rat has some bike armour. Some pipe insulation would probably work well too. In a way, I kinda hate to put anything on the bike frame as I really like the "look" of bad ass bike frames. Nice bikes are so sweeet to gaze upon. I think I love my bike too much (lol). I'm addicted to the whole mtn bike thing at this point. What are the chances of doing the same thing again? I've been freeriding sick **** for 4 years now, and this has happened once. It was my fault anyways; didn't stay committed; very important to stay committed.