Quantcast

Ever wonder if the Tea Party is racist?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
As to your second point, you don't think that maybe the problem is perhaps a "libertarian" who is comfortable with marijuana being illegal and who has the following position on abortion:

http://www.randpaul2010.com/issues/a-g/abortion-2/

So, to summarize: zygotes deserve federal protection, blacks don't.

His positions are about as nuanced as Sarah Palin's, or the Joker.
Dingdingdingdingding!! The current crop of "libertarians" only want the government to impose on other people's lives on issues that they care about. Invasive medical procedure between a woman and her doctor? Absolutely the government should be involved in that. The owner of Redneck JimBob's Racism and Waffles refusing to sell to colored people? Well, we may not agree with that, but we need to keep a limit on what the government does in our personal lives.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
^^^^^Sadly, that is the case. So therefore, I am still left with no clear political party of choice to rally with. Guess I'm on my own with my own personal beliefs and values...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
His point is one that's stressed in medicine. It's often system-level errors that let things like the BP disaster happen. Humans err. This is something that should be expected, and the system should be robust enough that a given error doesn't bring the whole house down.

I actually agree with a lot of Rand Paul's sentiments--raising retirement age, eliminating farm subsidies--but I think he's going to get ripped up in the press because people are too stupid to perceive nuanced positions and he condenses to sound bites particularly poorly.
Keep in mind that Paul is in a popularity contest. His points may have some validity in a philosophical sense, but specifically with BP, it appears that important testing on work that caused the accident was skipped and the safeguard to prevent a leak was not installed.

Did the explosion happen because of human error, a failure of the system to prevent it, or a combination of both?

But to say, "accidents just happen" is extremely callous to the people directly affected, from the families of the dead workers to the thousands of fishermen who are now out of work.

Last edited:

the desmondo

Monkey
Mar 7, 2007
It doesn't work anymore for the mainstream media to lie about someone like Rand Paul. It only serves to further discredit the mainstream.:rofl:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
for only the 3rd time in its broadcasting history, meet the press had a cancellation. prior to rand paul, only louis chakakhan & a saudi prince had canceled. maybe paul is alert enough to realize its *his* blood in the water.

i'll give him this: he's one of the few politicians who [eventually] knows when to stfu

b/c of his poorly chosen words, maybe he'll fade into obscurity like trent lott

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
:rofl:

You could still get a refund for the kool aid that you bought.:rolleyes:
Lol, care to 'splain yourself on the myriad of lies that the MSM is telling about Rand Paul? I mean, except for the one word "yes" that the NY Times put into it's article before being debunked by (OMG LIBERAL!!1!) MSNBC? Because I gotta say, anyone who has any doubts as to how Rand Paul really feels about things just has to watch the unedited 20min interview.

Unless of course that's *not* really Rand Paul, and it's the MSM making up words that he didn't say and then dubbing them into the interview... :tinfoil:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Ah yes, there has never been a Christian racist :D

That mob at the lunch counter? All dirty filthy goat loving Muslims, I'm sure...
i hope by now you see rev al sharpton cannot be racist for 2 reasons

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
i hope by now you see rev al sharpton cannot be racist for 2 reasons
I have a question for you, since you're actually closer to these people than I am.

How did the fact that a guy like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson uses race as crowbar in sometimes unwarranted situations absolve every white person in the history of the world of racism, no matter what their actions or beliefs are? And made it so that calling a white person, no matter their actions or their beliefs, a racist is worse than actual racism.

Two things come to mind:

1-They are all racists.
2-They are all retarded.

Or is it a little of both?

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i'm the wrong person to ask, for a fish cannot see the water in which it swims.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It doesn't work anymore for the mainstream media to lie about someone like Rand Paul. It only serves to further discredit the mainstream.:rofl:
What I don't care for your argument is that there is none.

There was an interview with a liberal who had a long list of questions. When she realized there was a loose thread to be pulled, she did so.

The interviewee had written and spoken his opinion on this matter several times before talking with the liberal host, and she asked him a question and brought up a specific example.

I thought it was a good interview despite the politics, and I like to think Shepard Smith on Fox would have done the same thing.

I noticed that people who can't argue or have nothing to say, start to say facts are not true, the objective is biased.

When Palin was asked about the newspapers she read, it was from the "Gotcha" media.

MSNBC is apparently the "mainstream" media, when Fox News dominates the cable news ratings.

Really, why don't you just argue against the Civil Rights Act. I bet I could do a better job than Rand Paul.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
It's really sad when questions like "you previously answered a question stating that you disagree with the CRA of 1964. Do you still feel that way?" somehow equals "gotcha" media. Or those pesky questions like "what newspapers do you read?" Or "aside from Roe v Wade, what Supreme Court cases do you disagree with?"

I mean, for f***s sake, those aren't particularly hard or embarrassing questions. Maddow was asking him about a response that he'd made to another radio interviewer *that day*. He'd been on Maddow's show before (I think he even announced his candidacy on her show), and ended the interview with "you're a very smart person, I enjoyed being on your show".

This isn't like jumping all over someone and asking "why do you not not dislike Hitler, and why??" Or "lets hypothetically say you raped and murdered a 7 year old, would you feel sorry about it?"

It's f'ing pathetic that politicians are spoon fed softball questions (in advance, in Palin's case) so that anything beyond "list the things you love about your country" is thought of as a hard, misleading, or "gotcha" question.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
It's really sad when questions like "you previously answered a question stating that you disagree with the CRA of 1964. Do you still feel that way?" somehow equals "gotcha" media.
Katie Couric: "Which questions are "gotcha" questions?"
Sarah Palin: "Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me all these years."

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The NAACP president's last name is Jealous.

Also

The St. Louis Tea Party reacted by passing its own formal resolution, which reads in part: "We settle our disputes civilly and avoid the gutter tactic of attempting to silence opponents by inflammatory name-calling. . . . The very term 'racist' has diminished meaning due to its overuse by political partisans including members of the NAACP."
lol wut?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
oops:

Mark Williams, the conservative leader of the Tea Party Express, has been expelled from the National Tea Party Federation after posting a blog entry that referenced “coloreds” and took direct aim at the NAACP.

Williams’ post wasted no time launching into inflammatory sarcasm.

“Dear Mr. Lincoln,” Williams’ letter read. “We Coloreds have taken a vote and decided that we don’t cotton to that whole emancipation thing. Freedom means having to work for real, think for ourselves, and take consequences along with the rewards. That is just far too much to ask of us Colored People and we demand that it stop!”

The letter went on to imply that tea party members could not be racist because they oppose government bailouts to major industries.

“Bailouts are just big money welfare and isn’t that what we want all Coloreds to strive for?” the posting said. “What kind of racist would want to end big money welfare? What they need to do is start handing the bail outs directly to us coloreds!”
not racist, but certainly clumsy for a person in position in leadership.

door.
ass.
bang.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Not racist? You're kidding, right?
not at all.

if they want to live in the past by being called colored, then that's open to being trollbait.

unfortunately, dumb cracker took the bait, so he shouldn't be in leadership of *any* political movement that puts forth american exceptionalism.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
not at all.

if they want to live in the past by being called colored, then that's open to being trollbait.

unfortunately, dumb cracker took the bait, so he shouldn't be in leadership of *any* political movement that puts forth american exceptionalism.
Goddamn, that's racist.

Oh, I forgot. No one is racist in America, except the guys who dragged James Byrd to death.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
update: tea party not racist - just a bunch of 'dumbasses'
KUSA - U.S. Senate candidate Ken Buck refers to members of the Tea Party who question the President's citizenship as "dumbasses" in an audio recording obtained by 9NEWS and The Denver Post.

The Colorado Republican candidate's voice was captured on a pocket tape recorder without his knowledge by a Colorado Democratic Party worker in a parking lot before a June event in Crowley County.

He had just come from an event in Pueblo where there was a reference to whether President Obama was an American citizen. The comment apparently comes without provocation from the Democratic Party worker, who has been following and videotaping Buck all over the state of Colorado for months.

"Will you tell those dumbasses at the Tea Party to stop asking questions about birth certificates while I'm on the camera," Buck said to the worker while laughing. "God, what am I supposed to do?"

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
in the interest of keeping you informed of an ever-changing lexicon:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
in the interest of keeping you informed of an ever-changing lexicon:
At least no one in the TEA party will be accused of being a racist for reading or understanding the constitution. :rofl:

P.S. It was all a reasonable satire until the metal at the end and the guy looking like he is getting ready to deliver an intense fist pumping.