Quantcast

Evil Bikes picture thread

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
How about an evil bikes picture thread....

this includes bikes, riders, stickers, jerseys...

I'll start things off:

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Dug this hilarious shot out of the archives. This is from the first year Dave and I went to Interbike; before I was officially involved with the Co., before there was any money to afford a booth, and before e13 had even been dreamed up.

The conversation went something like this:
Weagle: Hey guys, can I get a picture with you? My name's Dave Weagle, and I'm going to be designing bikes someday soon.
Tomac/Bradbury: Uhh, yeah . . . sure. (confused looks on their faces)

I guess Dave got the last laugh. :)

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I think these are the first?

Most definitely. There was a green one, too. Dave, Paul, and I built those up in my shed and nearly died in the process - first from hypothermia because it was so f-ing cold out there, and later from smoke inhilation when we tried to light my clapped-out woodstove. Ahh, the bad-old days. :D

That's Dunstan's old Subaru in the pic, too. :)

Edit: just noticed Seth's molester-mobile poking in the side of that pic, too! If you added my Dodge Dakota, Dave's Ram, and Carleton's mini-van, you'd have the entire original Evil motor pool.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Here are all the ones ive had the pleasure of owning

Current sovereign

Ronald!

Before this one was stolen

After getting it back!

Prototype DOC

As I had one of the origional prototypes built up

unfortunately i cant seem to dig up any photos of either of the prototype sovereigns i had for awhile :(

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
this thread rocks...good idea dump...

does anyone have the old 'Evil' guides laying around? I would love to purchase it if you do...

bushrider

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Chrome Plated Evil Sovereign
2006 Z1 SL (all black)
silver hadley + white mavic 721 wheelset
white: bars, supercharger and bars
Atomlab trailking pedals
Saint RD, Evil STS, XTR970 shifter
6" XT 4 pot disc brakes
Red Chris King headset
I beam post and bell-air ST saddle

Looks really hot: all chrome, black and white with red graphics on the fork and a red headset. I dont have pics as its at the shop having 24"s built up (black hugi 440s with black Rhino lite XLs). I'll post some pics soon.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
:cheers:
Chrome Plated Evil Sovereign
2006 Z1 SL (all black)
silver hadley + white mavic 721 wheelset
white: bars, supercharger and bars
Atomlab trailking pedals
Saint RD, Evil STS, XTR970 shifter
6" XT 4 pot disc brakes
Red Chris King headset
I beam post and bell-air ST saddle

Looks really hot: all chrome, black and white with red graphics on the fork and a red headset. I dont have pics as its at the shop having 24"s built up (black hugi 440s with black Rhino lite XLs). I'll post some pics soon.
:twitch:

sounds like an xmas ornament post some pics so i can revoke that statement...

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Dug this hilarious shot out of the archives. This is from the first year Dave and I went to Interbike; before I was officially involved with the Co., before there was any money to afford a booth, and before e13 had even been dreamed up.

The conversation went something like this:
Weagle: Hey guys, can I get a picture with you? My name's Dave Weagle, and I'm going to be designing bikes someday soon.
Tomac/Bradbury: Uhh, yeah . . . sure. (confused looks on their faces)

I guess Dave got the last laugh. :)
Holy crap, I don't think that I ever saw this picture, I totally remember that moment though! That was awesome.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
i still have my DOC...living by the beach is getting to it.....i desperately need to powdercoat it.........i'll build it up again someday.....love that bike....i just need other things.....a moto, a trailbike, another new surfboard, a snowboard....the list goes on......

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
ha! i still have this bike---bought it from in the trees about 2 years ago, and i plan on riding it until i have to reweld it and ride it some more!!!!

it's absolutely the best bike i've ever ridden, loved it, abused it, slept on it, bled on it.....
@ in the trees : i'll have to upload a pic so you can see what it looks like now!

man, i wish evil would make some more bikes like this and definitely do some version of the empire. i'm always angry that i can't find the geometry of the imperial on a dh......

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
hcor.net always had a healthy evil population... here are a few I dug up:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Not an Evil Imperial, but if I had a $ for every time someone came up to me and said, "Nice Evil" or "Nice Imperial"...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
some more from RM member galleries:

love the look of this one:

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Here are some shots of my imperial is various builds over the years. While all my other rigs seem to break or become outdated, my imperial is still at the top of the list.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
here's my old Evil, pressed into dh action for one hilarious weekend:

back in its element at Rye Airfield:

me on a boston night ride back in august 2002:

the fun Govt Center wall (i cracked a stanchion the night of the first pic):

pedal kicking is fun:

man, i'm old. i sold my Imperial many moons ago... 2004?