Quantcast

Evil Bikes picture thread

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
man, this thread just keeps getting better. great pics donnie!

evil-bikes

Chimp
Mar 24, 2008
We are putting together an "owners list" for all old school Evil owners. Just PM or email us (info@evil-bikes.com) your contact info, bike info, and serial number and we'll put it on the list for you!

boone

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
Ahhhhh...you guys are killing me :( All these great pics!!
I have been lookin for an sovereign frame and nobody want to sell me one.

great bikes dudes.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Are you guys serious with those Hardtails with Shivers etc. on them?!?

AHAHAHAHAHA

They look like the bike equivalent of the short bus.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Are you guys serious with those Hardtails with Shivers etc. on them?!?

AHAHAHAHAHA

They look like the bike equivalent of the short bus.
If I remember correctly, the Imperial with the shiver was done as a real-world test/confirmation of the load/impact the front end of the frame could take.

Others just like that much fork up there. At the time, folks were running these as downhill machines.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
If I remember correctly, the Imperial with the shiver was done as a real-world test/confirmation of the load/impact the front end of the frame could take.

Others just like that much fork up there. At the time, folks were running these as downhill machines.
haha, those things ripped for DH.....don't know about putting 8" forks on them but......i had a buddy in town who wanted to race DH at plattekill back in the day but didn't have his dh bike....i threw 2.8" comp 32 michelin tires on my imperial with a 4" travel fork and an 8" front rotor just for that weekend. He and i alternated using my Turner DH bike and both raced that but.......

in practice on the imperial i was cleaning a line that most of the experts and pros couldn't....aside from myself i only saw nobman, lars and g.r. do it.....that bike rode so good when pointed down.....

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Imp/Shiver is one of the best feeling frame/fork combos I've ever run for rocking out shuttle runs, DH, and general playing around.

That '05 Mercedes silver Imp posted above is mine, the pic is from when I first built her up and used some parts off my DH build.

What's funny? My singlecrown Manipoo Shermans have a larger a/c height than my Shiver, and don't feel near as good when pointed down. I actually just put the sc's back on her two days ago, and think I'll pop the Shiver back on...

Am riding in a few hours, I'll get pics of what she looks like now and post up.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Last incarnation:

Now:
The Sherman feels like ass. I don't like it, and am remembering
why I took it off and put my Shiver back on before...

Did some trailbuilding yesterday, and we came up with
a couple of new decent sized doubles and gaps.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
looks nice. that sherman is tall!

btw, that's a nice little ding you have on your top tube there. How'd you manage that?

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
A few trails here have decent rockgardens. Launched into one, landed off the line, and cartwheeled a bit...

Nothing structural, adds a bit of character. :)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Frenchy rides on with the Shiver lowered to 170mm angles looks good. Not that its a bike I would ride.

Great looking bikes and I can't wait to see what will happen with the new owners.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Never seen that one. what kind of flashes do you have going on there?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Never seen that one. what kind of flashes do you have going on there?
that photo was many years ago... nov 2003. that would've been an off-camera 420EX via a ST-E2 on camera, along with supplemental lighting from a HID i had laying around and whatever else i scrounged up. :D from the bokeh it looks like the 50/1.4 at at least f/8.

MantoR

Chimp
Oct 7, 2004
Michigan
Here is my 1st Generation Imperial. It has been the
best bike I have ever owned. I am a bigger rider (200lbs +) and
it has taken everything I dished out and asked for more.

Here is some of it's torture.....

volthause

Chimp
Mar 25, 2003
R-A-L
This one is mine. The frame used to belong to another monkey, but I can't remember his forum name. It's been a while. (edit: it was slope's)

Last edited: