Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I want a Sov. Think it'll have to wait for at least next year though, putting together a DH bike is putting a hurting on my bank account.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I picked up my last for $260 shipped. That included seatpost, deity clamp, marzocchi seat, headset reducers and a O6 Drop Off 6" SC!
That's a nice price! 6" fork is a bit much for me though.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
That shot really shows how short the rear end on the bike could get on the Sovereign with a 26" wheel, made possible by the first plate style chainstay bridge I'd ever seen on a steel bike. It's funny because today just about every DJ bike uses that type of design.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
That shot really shows how short the rear end on the bike could get on the Sovereign with a 26" wheel, made possible by the first plate style chainstay bridge I'd ever seen on a steel bike. It's funny because today just about every DJ bike uses that type of design.
For sure. People know a good thing when they see it :thumb:. With a smaller tire, you can go even shorter.

The picture was taken this past weekend. I don't have all the latest and greatest on it, but the bike rips... love it. I swapped the tires, seat and stem and I'm riding it XC for the next couple of weeks. Thanks dw!

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Wow, crazy metal flake ... cool stuff.

@TankerX, those are doublewides.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I don't remember exactly when the OG Sovs came out, but Draco'd been doing things like that for a while too, and doing them well. The CS yoke on my Vigilante is a thing of beauty.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I don't remember exactly when the OG Sovs came out, but Draco'd been doing things like that for a while too, and doing them well. The CS yoke on my Vigilante is a thing of beauty.
OG Sovereigns were early 2005.

I think I've seen a draco w/ super short stays too, but it's been a while.