Quantcast

Evil Bikes Sold

PRotoolsman

Chimp
Mar 20, 2008
I dont know but maybe they can do some mass distribution so we can get some of those bad boys!! Do you know how hard it is to get a evil imperial brand new? Those bikes are bad ass!!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I'll bet it's Transition.

"Evil Bikes was recently purchased by an undisclosed Seattle based management group, who we will refer to as "The Project" for the time being. The rider owned group has an extensive brand, product development, and design history within the mountain bike industry."

Before the news broke on Sicklines and PB, I had noticed their site had changed the address to Seattle - I GoogleMapped it and they were located somewhere in the Denny triangle/Seattle REI area.

Since then, they've removed all references to their location. Anybody know of any bike-related companies in that area?

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Before the news broke on Sicklines and PB, I had noticed their site had changed the address to Seattle - I GoogleMapped it and they were located somewhere in the Denny triangle/Seattle REI area.

Since then, they've removed all references to their location. Anybody know of any bike-related companies in that area?
Yes! But, they ain't a bike company. They do work for the bike industry.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
So who is Kevin Walsh? And how does Super Big Creative fit into this - - other than they're a Seattle graphic design firm with clients like Diamondback and Iron Horse?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
No disrespect intended (but no-one will believe me)....but does Walsh know anything about manufacturing?

Even if it's all being jobbed out, (which I assume it is), you still need to know when you're being screwed....

Anyhoo....I wish everyone involved the best.

talusslope

Chimp
Apr 6, 2007
sst, WA
my moneys on the port of seattle :shocked: that secretly owns ghy, and transtion! who uses the spare office in the seattle REI building!:lighten:

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Most of you are too young to the who, what , where ect...........

Dude welcome to the OLD FARTS CLUB

Long time no see

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Lots of good Sherlocking here. Impressive to know that you guys keep your trusty magnifying glass at the ready. Regardless of who it is, I'm stoked to see the PNW once again becoming a hotbed for the mountain bike industry. This is good news for all of us who live in WA, or hell, even Ohreegone.

We've got some real players here now, especially given the continued rise of Transition. Kona is a solid mid-size mfr. Transition is rising. Seattle Bike Supply is poised to grow now that Accell Group bought them. FSA is solid. And not to forget REI, they probably mfr more bikes than anyone locally. Raleigh group is still chugging along. And then there's all the little guys doing innovative things. Throw the Portland area into the mix and you've got even more with King, Sapa, Ellsworth, etc. We've got some good mountain bike brain power here these days!

Wait, I think I know! Gary Klein bought Evil!

Justin

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
this is sad news---sorta...

i hope they keep the evil brand alive, and start producing some more imperials!! that bike needs no marketing, or even sponsored riders to sell. it's the dopest bike ever made.

whomever bought evil ;) ship me an imperial already!!!