Evil Sovereign Availabilty?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
MMcG said:
"two more weeks!"
Pretty much :p
It's amazing how quickly Evil was able to bring the DOC to market. Seems like overseas manufacturing is much more efficient. I mean it's 6 bolts, 2 dropouts, and a hardtail frame-doesn't seem that complicated. But what do I know, I just can't wait to get one :blah:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
toothless said:
arrrrrggg. Anyone know what the hold up is now? I really thought they'd be ready this time :nuts:
no idea... maybe they'll pop in here w/ a comment... is it just bolts that are holding up the frames?!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
As of Tuesday, they're on a truck, somewhere between here and the Pacific Northwest. Blue, Black, and Silver frames will be arriving first (probably on Tuesday of next week), the green ones will be a little behind. On the green ones, basically, the frames are done/painted, the decals were on, and then they were clearcoated and put in the oven. When they came out of the oven, there was a slight wrinkle on each of the downtube decals (the wrinkle was down at the bottom of the 'V' in 'EVIL'). The painter/decal-er, who has 15+ years of experience, has no clue what the hell caused that, and it's driving us NUTS, because these things have to be perfect before we let them go. Right now, they're trying to come up with a solution, but it's likely that all the greens that were done will need to be stripped and re-done. UGH!!!!

Anyway, as always, that's the whole, 100% honest story. We'll keep you all in the loop as soon as we have more info. In the meantime, feel free to call me personally if you have any questions: 207-772-3132.

Later,

John P.
Business Dir.
Evil Bikes

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
OK, so I decided to go for one after all. Green long. Should be a nice trailbike companion to my green DH bike. Considering that my new job (cross my fingers; should be in training for it in July) will be dragging me all over the States and the world, I think a long-lasting, versatile (and re-incarnatable) hardtail will be a good investment. Could see duty from heavy-duty trailbike to rigid singlespeed...

Very psyched!

MD

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Im psyched to hear a ride report in a year after you get in on al kinds fo different terrain/ setups!

Dave

PowersUSA

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
Mass
DW,

Any chance of seeing a picture of the blue Sovereign frame? From the description (navy blue with cream decals) it should make a good match for my Patriots Super Bowl hat when mated to a Fox 36. Now if only I could afford the Sovereign frame and a Fox 36 in the same year.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
PowersUSA said:
DW,

Any chance of seeing a picture of the blue Sovereign frame? From the description (navy blue with cream decals) it should make a good match for my Patriots Super Bowl hat when mated to a Fox 36. Now if only I could afford the Sovereign frame and a Fox 36 in the same year.
Ask and you shall receive!

--JP

Attachments

PowersUSA

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
Mass
Perfect.... Thank you very much....

My decision to purchase a Sovereign keeps getting easier.

By the way if you have studio quality pictures of the other the colors post them here or send me a copy at PowersUSA -AT- gmail -DOT- com.

And again thank you very much...

PowersUSA

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
Mass
One quick technical question...

Has the derailleur cable routing been changed from the frame displayed at Interbike?

The Interbike frame had full cable routing for the rear brake and both derailleurs (two clusters of three under the top tube). The blue frame shown above appears to have cable stops under the top tube and on the drive side seat stay.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
PowersUSA said:
One quick technical question...

Has the derailleur cable routing been changed from the frame displayed at Interbike?

The Interbike frame had full cable routing for the rear brake and both derailleurs (two clusters of three under the top tube). The blue frame shown above appears to have cable stops under the top tube and on the drive side seat stay.
.........mine arrived with the cable stops. Kind of a bummer since I run full length housing & also anticipated the ability to run full length housing for the der. cables based on proto pics of the Sovereign & D.O.C..........sweet frame non-the-less

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Regarding the green:

John P. said:
green is a no-go for now. The painters/decalers are having a hell of a time getting it all
worked out.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
not sure how i missed that thread. i'm surprised it's only 2 pages.

--edit--

lookin' good, jnc.

so dump, what's your deal? did you change your order?

civilian

Chimp
Aug 16, 2003
dump said:
Regarding the green:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That eats some serious ass. To put it mildly.

So is it just those three colors for this year then? Not that they suck, but the green is freakin' amazing based on the pics from Interbike.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Actually, greens should be in on Wednesday. They were a COLOSSAL pain in the butt, but we finally got them figured out.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
jncarpenter said:
........Mine were posted here a while ago in THIS THREAD

.......I have since installed the Hone cranks, Supercharger...etc.
JN, what stem length did you settle on? I figure at 5'11" with a long, I'm going to need a 70mm... Like you, I want short rear/long front.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
MikeD said:
JN, what stem length did you settle on? I figure at 5'11" with a long, I'm going to need a 70mm... Like you, I want short rear/long front.
..........I just installed the 70mm last night. Measuring from the center of the seatpost (along the top of the saddle) at proper extension to the center of the bars (split in stem clamp) it is about 1/4" shorter than my 5Spot. I am working on selling the 05 Z1 FR currently on it & planning to get the AM1 in 110-130mm. Should be the perfect fork for this frame. :cool:

Jay C.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
John P. said:
Actually, greens should be in on Wednesday. They were a COLOSSAL pain in the butt, but we finally got them figured out.
you gotta be kidding me! :(

civilian

Chimp
Aug 16, 2003
John P. said:

I wish you could see me now. I'm dancing.

.....actually, maybe it's better you can't.