Quantcast

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I recently picked up a brand new undead warranty replacement frame, but since it is a warranty replacement it has no shock. Which rear shocks are guys running / recommend?
I have no experience with the double barrel, and I'm coming off a V10c with RC4. Should I stick with what I know or try and go for a Vivid air? or another option?

Thanks in advanced.
I've been running the RC4. It works pretty good. If you get the Vivid make sure you get the correct tune. The Revolt was supposed to run the A tune. I have an A tune Vivid coil I'm going to give a try out, I just need to get the right spring weight

Thiessen

Chimp
Oct 27, 2012
Van, BC
Thanks for for the responses. Is an "A" tune the same as "Low","medium", or "high" tune thats the only thing i've come across while looking for vivids.

Last edited:

Cliff Burton

Chimp
Oct 31, 2012
Germany
Hi,
low compression and Tune A are the same

I ran a Vivid Air on my Revolt for a whole season and it was awesome!
I will get one for my Undead also..
Carsten at Sram Germany recomended mid compression for better mid stroke suspension

Last edited:

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Thanks for for the responses. Is an "A" tune the same as "Low","medium", or "high" tune thats the only thing i've come across while looking for vivids.
The A tune is the low compression/low rebound tune. RS differentiates between compression and rebound now for their tunes you can get Low, mid, high for either compression or rebound.

Try asking DW what tune would work best. I've sent him questions on twitter and he's gotten back to me.

p3numbra

Chimp
Sep 24, 2012
F yeah ... i'm in love ...

either this bike feels better than revolt or my memory of how revolt was riding faded away ... anyhow ... sick bike

Last edited:

Sick.Boy

Chimp
Nov 5, 2012
Germany
Thx for the info but i'm still unsure about the size and here in germany i think, i dont have the chance for a test ride.. :(

I come from a freeride bike and the undead would be my first big bike. My actually bike is a RM Switch from 2007 in size small and with my size (5'8") the rocky seems sometimes a little bit too short for me. In some cases it feels like i would flip over the front wheel and sometimes i wished the frame were a little bit longer.

The undead frame is not cheap and i dont want to make the mistake to buy the wrong size!!!

I'm very thankful for every opinion or every tip from you all!!!!! Sorry for my bad english :) regards from germany ..

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Dude likes his dog so much he got his walls painted the same colour

Last edited:

de mich

Chimp
Dec 5, 2012
I know this is not the first time someone asks about the sizing but..

Doed anyone know which size i should get to get as close as possible to a large Iron Horse sunday? I'm just 6' and not sure if i should go for L or XL.

Many thanks!

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I know this is not the first time someone asks about the sizing but..

Doed anyone know which size i should get to get as close as possible to a large Iron Horse sunday? I'm just 6' and not sure if i should go for L or XL.

Many thanks!
Mich, if you're 6' then a Large would be perfect!

Thx for the info but i'm still unsure about the size and here in germany i think, i dont have the chance for a test ride.. :(

I come from a freeride bike and the undead would be my first big bike. My actually bike is a RM Switch from 2007 in size small and with my size (5'8") the rocky seems sometimes a little bit too short for me. In some cases it feels like i would flip over the front wheel and sometimes i wished the frame were a little bit longer.

The undead frame is not cheap and i dont want to make the mistake to buy the wrong size!!!

I'm very thankful for every opinion or every tip from you all!!!!! Sorry for my bad english :) regards from germany ..
Embarassing Deutsche-Fail EDIT: Sick Boy - a Medium frame would fit you perfectly.

8.08lbs / 3663g - Large

That's SKC's frame including DT guard and shuttle guard installed - no shock (or dummy rod) or seatclamp, but I believe it includes the axle, chainstay protector, and all other hardware. It probably includes the headset cups too, maybe he can confirm.

It's probably worth subtracting the weight of the cups to compare with other frames, but either way it seems pretty light.
Indeed it does include the cups.

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
photo.JPG
undead.JPG
Here is mine. I like it lots. Most of the parts were carried over from my Revolt except new fork, handlebars 10 speed stuff, ti spring and new seat post. It needs moar carbonzz to compete with the rest of the internet bikes but for actual riding it is great. New cranks and brakes are next, and hopefully new wheels in the spring

Last edited:

Sick.Boy

Chimp
Nov 5, 2012
Germany
end of this month, i will order my frame as a set with the fox40, finally !! this would be my first dh-bike and there are several questions for me about the setup i should choose:

1. till now, i don`t know which stem i should buy. i like the look of hope's "top crown" very much but i'm unsure if the front become too flat with this crown/stem? What`s your opinion about the hope and which stems do you use/recommend?

2. the frame comes with a adjustable headset and bb-height, which head angle and bb-height do you recommend at most?

3. i'm also unsure if i should kept the fox rc4 or if i should sell it for a good price and buy an air-shock (CC-DB or Vivid)?

thanks and greets from nuremberg