Quantcast

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I messed around with his dh bike a few weeks ago and it felt about that light with the aluminum version. How much lighter if any is that carbon frame supposed to be?
must be a lot lighter since i havent seen a Revolt anywhere near 33friggin lbs.
the Revolts were/are fairly heavy though. My black anno was 4425grams and the PC'd bike was 4481grams. 350+grams heavier then my M9.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah I don't know what was up, but his bike was way light. I picked it up and pedaled it around a bit and through a few pretty highly precise scientific methodologies, determined it to be right at 'light as shlt'.

Plus or minus a few percent obviously.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I picked it up and pedaled it around a bit and through a few pretty highly precise scientific methodologies, determined it to be right at 'light as shlt'.

Plus or minus a few percent obviously.
well that is the industry standard method of weighing products
DW came up with the test method

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
what's crazy is that we aren't talking about a WC race bike here (for his application)...If he has enough faith in the spec to go as big as he does it's a good sign...

You can say sponsorship this and that but at the end of the day when you are doing rampage style lines you build your bike to survive...

Really sick rig

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
Lighter with Vivid Air and World Cup, but heavish with Deemax. Are the tires single-ply? What's making the bike so light? Evil could not have taken that much via carbon, could they?

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Talked to KEvin briefly tonight, still doing alot of testing on the bikes. He's heading to taiwan next week, hoping to have frames mid-summer he said. I'd rather wait and have it right than early with issues.

v6 4.3

Monkey
Jan 22, 2005
I want to know why the MS-Evil WC team (Brook McDonald + Luke Strobel) aren't running Undeads this season.
maybe they dont like them or there's a problem with these proto's.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I want to know why the MS-Evil WC team (Brook McDonald + Luke Strobel) aren't running Undeads this season.
i think theres only a few of them around. MacDonald seems to be doing fine on his Revolt

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Brook MacDonald may be doing fine on his revolt, but that's because they keep giving him ones that work week and and week out. And for the privateer racer folk like myself, I'm on MONTH 13 on the warranty for my revolt. My frame continually keeps getting worse the more I try to squeeze out races on my damaged bike while continually waiting (wading) through all this BS. Will I even have a bike for Nationals in September? Who the F knows?

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Adam is doing some more testing on his undead, unfortunately during the testing he had a major wreck and shattered his collar bone in three places (did I mention he still finished 6th)

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
Adam is doing some more testing on his undead, unfortunately during the testing he had a major wreck and shattered his collar bone in three places (did I mention he still finished 6th)

Undead = stronger than bone?? Can they put that in the guarantee?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I know, I know, but I don't think he rode this bike only in this comp, right?
The thing is we never know when he got it. That is why I never assume bike durability on pro riders. Zink also rode an all mountain felt on rampage but Id hardly call it bombproof.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Luke has tested with the bike, but it is not his to keep. The Evil guys wanted to go through several revisions before putting the WC athletes on the bikes permanently.

Keep in mind, this bike is full carbon, with an all new mechanical design. It's not just an existing aluminum bike with a carbon front end. It's a complete from the ground up designed to be full carbon DH bike. There's a lot to test here, much of it uncharted territory. I actually applaud them for taking it slow and conservative, especially when the temptation is great to do otherwise.

There's no need to jump the gun here, there will be plenty of time for Luke, Brook, Polc, Pekoll, and Wyn to get on them when Kevin decides that the bike is ready. In the meantime, Zink just won Chatel on his, some pretty massive jumps and extreme impacts going on there. I can promise you that what he has is still not a production bike. It will continue to become more and more dialed.

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
maybe Pekoll can get a chance to ride one now that his spare Revolt has just been stolen.
sucks to hear that nicked his gear
Unfortunately, you may be right. It's funny, we are probably 2 revisions from a production bike, but this next batch of revs, which is supposed to land in Seattle in the near future is basically ready for full roll-out with the team. I think that Kevin wanted to wait one more rev, to be ultra conservative, but now it seems his hand may be forced.

Damn thieves.. That's a lot of $$ and resources drained on the team to replace those bikes.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Locks are a deterant, but not unfallable.
Yeah but the 89LBS Red Nosed Pit chained to the lock sure as hell is. Oh and Glocks are garbage I will have the wife standing by with the Kimber 1911 and 240 grain rounds waiting!:thumb: