Quantcast

evil update

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
I do remember reading somewhere that the Imperial frame has a higher strength/stiffness to weight ratio than almost any road frame out there. That says a lot right there. My Imperial SL is super nimble, they can be built heavy but it's the components on the bike, not the frame.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
He's still trying to forget the fact that he rode a Balfa with a Monster T and liked it.
there is no reason to ever forget that experience. i rode a balfa w/ a shiver and it was pure heaven. 3.0 gazza goodness rollin on the front and a 24" 2.6 on the rear - that beast was INSANE!!!!!

eh you're wrong.
i know that i'm not. had something to do with improperly made seattubes. something to the effect of the holes being off center in the tube itself. i remember clearly that it was even caused by the bike falling onto a ladder while being ridden. there were pictures and everything...

either way, there was only the one case that made it here to the intrawebs. maybe dw could actually clear up the story for us...

for the record, i'm not trying to bash anyone. the bikes kick ass and really are bombproof, but sh!t does happen..

Last edited:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
piper, don't make me post those old videos of you (minichase) doing stunts on old, yellow, k2 animal (or whatever it was)

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
whollllyyy **** yes!! ahah. that was the 1st one ever. I think it was actually '01 by my calculations. That might even be pre-mini.

So... how bout them new evils eh? Seeing Todd's again makes me want to XC up my sovereign

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
There's more where that came from... just let mini get out of line again.