Quantcast

experience with sprint vs verizon?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm thinking of changing phones. i want to stay with a smartphone. i'm currently with verizon, but aware that changing phones/contacrts now will put me in the new data-cap plans they have. i'm thinking of moving over to sprint so i can stream pandora without fear of bonus charges on my bil. their coverage map says my house is in a good location. i've heard sprnt isn't bad, at least not here in LA. anyone care to shower me with their wisdom, troll me?

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
My work dumbphone is Verizon and my personal dumbphone is Sprint. I usually get better reception with my work phone, and in more locations. A lot of my jobs take me out of decent cell coverage, so a smartphone for me isn't a good option.

YMMV

ucsbMTBmember

Monkey
Nov 20, 2009
sprint is moving to capped data plans as well. if u already have unlimited with verizon, then stick with it, you will always have it

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
not if i change phones. they push you into a new contract. i'm getting fed up with my current phone glitches. thinking iPhone, but considering how much the cloud feature could goble k's and meg's.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
if you have a current verizon contract with unlimited data you are grandfathered in. they haven't indicated if its just a one time contract renewal, or if you will be grandfathered in as long as you have the same account.

as a verizon user, i am grandfathered in. For how much data I use, if i went to the tiered plan my data would cost as much per month as my entire service plan costs now. i ran the numbers, and it'd be cheaper for me to buy the phone unsubsidized than to go to the tiered data plan. ( i use anywhere from 4-6 gigs of data on my phone per month). so i'm gonna see how long i can run without renewing my contract until they catch on.

sprint is only moving to cap certain devices, like their wireless access points. smartphones still have unlimited data. for now.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You DO keep unlimited even if you upgrade your phone. You even keep it if you upgrade to a 4G phone.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ah, well i clearly have misinformation. i smell a new phone soon. now to decide between iPhone and Windows.

Windows has the sweet msg integration feature for all varieties - text/fb/email/etc. Does the iPhone have something similar with the latest release? Yeah, I'm derailing my own thread.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
personally, interface wise, windows is the best thing out there now that webOS is dead. I just wish verizon had a better selection of windows phones.