Quantcast

Explaining Religious Psychosis

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT

Your brain was tricked
by indoctrination, you didn't have a religious experience, it was a hallucination anyone is susceptible to:

“Really healthy people that don’t hallucinate in their everyday lives—graduate students, and postdocs, and highly accomplished people—were very, very susceptible to this effect, even the ones who didn’t hear voices. They were more susceptible to it than I expected,” Corlett says.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Stil a douchecanoe-
"We will continue to be a distribution center to those in need. We are prepared to house people once shelters reach capacity."

So you will help, but only after the other places are full? Who is paying for what you distribute?

"On Twitter earlier on Monday, Osteen urged his followers to donate on his church's website to help with relief efforts."

I dont live in Houston so I cant comment on the accessibility, the interweb seems divided on the subject, but yeah, guy is in it for the Benjamins.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
"Praying for ---------" is the official method of giving none of the effort while taking all of the credit.
Reminds me of that news story a few years ago about how a community pitched in to buy a car for a fast food employee who walked to work every day. First person she thanked was Jesus. You know cuz Jesus can come up with the cash and fill out the paper work...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Stil a douchecanoe-
"We will continue to be a distribution center to those in need. We are prepared to house people once shelters reach capacity."

So you will help, but only after the other places are full? Who is paying for what you distribute?

"On Twitter earlier on Monday, Osteen urged his followers to donate on his church's website to help with relief efforts."

I dont live in Houston so I cant comment on the accessibility, the interweb seems divided on the subject, but yeah, guy is in it for the Benjamins.
Hold my beer......

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
$876 million cut to FEMA ? And after Harvey destroys 140,000 homes in Houston, will Texas continue to vote Republican ?
Of coursse, they will cut spending to justify tax cuts for the rich. Cut flooding regulations, for jobs. But then they will cut special spending bills after a disaster, but as we will be less prepared it will all cost more in the long run, but the rich need to get richer and corporations need to make more proffits.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Of coursse, they will cut spending to justify tax cuts for the rich. Cut flooding regulations, for jobs. But then they will cut special spending bills after a disaster, but as we will be less prepared it will all cost more in the long run, but the rich need to get richer and corporations need to make more proffits.
Yeah, you're right, gotta keep those job creators happy...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Church runs unemployment scam to stuff coffers

Fields and 10 other former congregants told The Associated Press that they and dozens of employees who were church members filed bogus claims at Word of Faith Fellowship leaders’ direction, and said they had been interviewed at length about the false claims by investigators with the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

The unemployment allegations were uncovered as part of the AP’s ongoing investigation into Word of Faith, which has about 750 congregants in rural North Carolina and a total of nearly 2,000 members in its branches in Brazil and Ghana and its affiliations in Sweden, Scotland and other countries.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You know how I know that there is no God™ as these fools believe? Because this idiot still walks among us...

In some ways, it's reassuring to know that no matter how horrible and chaotic the world may get, like the sun rising in the East, Pat is always there, steadfastly, reliably, ready to say something genuinely awful.