Quantcast

Explaining Religious Psychosis

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
now this here is some twisted logic

Conservative writer: God was ‘answering prayers’ of Texas victims by letting them get shot

“It may seem, on the surface, that God was refusing to give such protection to his Texan children,” he writes. “But we are also praying that God would deliver us from evil eternally. Through these same words, we are asking God to deliver us out of this evil world and into his heavenly glory, where no violence, persecution, cruelty, or hatred will ever afflict us again.”

Fiene then says that, in order to fully defeat evil eternally, God has to let evil get some temporary victories, such as this weekend’s mass shooting.

“So when a madman with a rifle sought to persecute the faithful at First Baptist Church on Sunday morning, he failed,” Fiene says. “Just like those who put Christ to death, and just like those who have brought violence to believers in every generation, this man only succeeded in being the means through which God delivered his children from this evil world into an eternity of righteousness and peace.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/conservative-writer-god-was-answering-prayers-of-texas-victims-by-letting-them-get-shot/

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If someone would say that to my face theres a pretty good chance id break his fucking fingers just to keep him from writing any of that bullshit for a while...
I went to AA meetings for a year and stopped going because of some their insane beliefs and cult like culture. Ran into an otherwise nice, friendly member several months afterward. She point blank told me that If I didn't start going to meetings again that I would drink and die. She was serious, but smiling at the same time. I don't think I even replied to her comment, but all I could think about was, what a fucking evil thing to say to someone. The self-righteous have no boundaries.

Oh, and I didn't drink, haven't been to meetings in years, and tend to wake up everyday.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Nazis love some evangelical pedos

Robert Warren Ray, an avowed white supremacist who writes for Daily Stormer, a neo-Nazi website that has been kicked off over a dozen domains after the violence that transpired in Charlottesville, Virginia, this August, endorsed embattled Republican candidate Roy Moore on Monday. His reasoning? Moore, who faces allegations of sexual misconduct from eight women, in some cases from actions he allegedly took against them as teens, quoted Adolf Hitler “correctly.”

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Trumps "Spiritual Adviser" wants your January paycheck because "God said so, or else"

“January is the beginning of a new year for us in the Western world. Let us give to God what belongs to him: the first hours of our day, the first month of the year, the first of our increase, the first in every area of our life. It’s devoted.... The principle of first fruits is that when you give God the first, he governs the rest and redeems in”

"When you honor this principle, it provides the foundation and structure for God’s blessings and promises in your life. It unlocks deep dimensions of spiritual truths that literally transform your life. When you apply this, everything comes in divine alignment for his plan and promises for you. When you don’t honor it, whether through ignorance or direct disobedience, there are consequences."