Quantcast

Explaining Religious Psychosis

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
cross post

you can't make this stuff up. well yes you can apparently

Televangelist Paula White, chairwoman of Trump's evangelical advisory committee and preacher of the prosperity gospel, warns that those who don't make donations to her ministries face "consequences" from God.

If you think that sounds like a divine extortion scheme, you're not far off. Prosperity gospel preachers teach that to become wealthy, you must give them money, which they describe as a "seed offering."

White explains "first fruits" thusly:

"January is the beginning of a new year for us in the Western world. Let us give to God what belongs to him: the first hours of our day, the first month of the year, the first of our increase, the first in every area of our life. It's devoted.... The principle of first fruits is that when you give God the first, he governs the rest and redeems."

Apparently those "firsts" also include the first month of your salary.

Those who do give will be rewarded with "amazing opportunity, blessing, favor and divine order for your life," White says.

Ah, but those who aren't generous, "whether through ignorance or direct disobedience," will face "consequences."

She doesn't spell out what those consequences will be, but the implication is they won't be good.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Trump-s-spiritual-adviser-Send-me-your-Jan-12485105.php

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
What I want to know, is how the funds get transferred to god.
Dude, must be rolling in cash by now.
But that does beg the question; what the fuck does god need with all the cash, when it is supposed to be omnipotent.
Dude can just make what he needs - so whats with the ultra fat wallet?

Inquiring minds want to know.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
fucking psycho judge

A state district judge in Comal County said God told him to intervene in jury deliberations to sway jurors to return a not guilty verdict in the trial of a Buda woman accused of trafficking a teen girl for sex.

Judge Jack Robison apologized to jurors for the interruption, but defended his actions by telling them “when God tells me I gotta do something, I gotta do it,” according to the Herald-Zeitung in New Braunfels.

The jury went against the judge’s wishes, finding Gloria Romero-Perez guilty of continuous trafficking of a person and later sentenced her to 25 years in prison. They found her not guilty of a separate charge of sale or purchase of a child.

http://www.statesman.com/news/crime--law/texas-judge-interrupts-jury-says-god-told-him-defendant-not-guilty/ZRdGbT7xPu7lc6kMMPeWKL/

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Dick of the Very Large Putrid Penis variety.

Any "being" who is omnipotent, all seeing, outside of time etc etc, who sets up an experiment that visits untold horrors on the subjects of that experiment; whom already knows the outcome of said experiment is just a psychotic fuck of the largest order who enjoys watching the misery unfold on his "Deity TV"

You don't even have to go as far as what is said in teh bible (not to mention the books that did not make the cut due to political considerations) - just look at the overall concept - Fuck him and his "Love"

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Not just in regards to religion either.
You know what this sounds like to me? We need another series of Christian crusades to make "Yurp Great Again". Think of the benefits (for us specifically) - we get to send our religious fuck nuts with their personal armories to go spread the good word to filthy euro-pagans like Sandro and his ilk.

I will start making "ARs for Christ" trucker hats to get things started...