Quantcast

Fall DH shuttles/hike a bikes near NYC

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
one of the guys up at Platty this weekend had it and it looks like i got it.....and im thankfully not in Reading.:thumb:
i usually say Reading unless you are familiar with the area and since you are, im from Wernersville...the 'burbs
oh, that's much better than being near the city. I think I'm going tomorrow the details haven't been worked out yet though. I'm probably going to leaf blow a trail then ride. I think some other guys are coming too I just haven't talked to them about it yet.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
oh, that's much better than being near the city. I think I'm going tomorrow the details haven't been worked out yet though. I'm probably going to leaf blow a trail then ride. I think some other guys are coming too I just haven't talked to them about it yet.
check your pm's

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
awesome riding yesterday. we about 8 runs in and the trails were in great shape...totally dry and the leaves werent a issue at all. i forgot about all the small baby head rocks, but it was a good time to dial in the rear shock some...(before i sell it...dumb i know)

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I want to get some shuttle runs before the Holiday season is over...

when you guys headed back out? My new 2010 Bike is built and ready to rip... :-)

BumnAccic

Chimp
Dec 20, 2009
Belgium
I dont know of any good places in NYC I do know there are a few members here who live in Brooklyn, Staten Island etc.. I live out on Long Island plenty of good places here. I know a lot of guys go out to Floyd Bennet Field

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
nothing good in Staten some mild xc.
I can't imagine anything good a Floyd Bennet, it's all flat.
There is Highland park in Manhattan and Cunningham park out in Queens.
What good places are in LI?

newyork1

Chimp
Feb 14, 2010
OK so it's raining torrentially but at least the snow is gone! I have heard a lot about Reading PA and hope to head down there in the next couple of weeks for some DH shuttle runs. If anyone who knows the area would like to meet up let me know. Also, anyone from NYC interested in hitching a ride with me let me know too. Thanks guys

newyork1

Chimp
Feb 14, 2010
I gotta say that this weekend was totally worth the drive from NYC. Great people, fast, tight, rocky singletrack and an efficient uplift service made it one of the most fun days of riding I have done in a long time. Can't wait for the next one. Well done guys