Quantcast

Fall Guy Face lift...

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
So I've been pretty excited about my bike, but had some issues with a fork that was a wee bit to soft, cranks that were a wee bit to long, and a sprocket that was a wee bit to easy (not to mention the 26 was splines and really doesn't work with something with a 32? notched spindle).

The result was going to an Argyle 409 (dropped to 72-75mm), Deity cranks, and a 27t (paired with a 11 in back). The fork and sprocket were great last weekend doing some DJing, and I'm hoping to get on the cranks this weekend (we are supposed to have rain for the next week, so maybe a little park). With the 5mm less on the cranks I'm also hoping to get my x-ups on with a little less toe rub. The bike is pretty well dialed in and I'm loving it.

I want to say thanks to Eric for helping me out with the cranks, and for backing up his product, the dude is awesome and I'll stand by a man who backs his product as much as he does.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Don't ever show your face, or that bike, 'round these parts. I'll steal it, I swear to god...

That thing is drop dead perfect! sickk w/ the XTR vee's too :D

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Wow, wow wow....

I love the colors. All black parts except frame and fork. Sweet. Looks perfect.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm puzzled by the seat comment as well. Would you rather see it steeper or flater? Typically on my 20" I run the seat at the same angle as the TT, with the super steep TT on the FG it would be pretty hard to match. I guess I wouldn't mind a little more angle up. Check out my argyle post for a straight side view, perhaps the angled shots are distorting things (I'm just really confused by that statement).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
that bike is prime looking, little bright for my taste but i am feeling the vision. Again extra props for the xtr stuff, best non disk brakes ever made.

As for the seat crap, i agree put it where it's comfy for you to land on in the event that happens. I would have run the Jr just because it tucks away nice and tight.

Love the bike regardless, seems that tonic fab builds are typically dialed.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Wait... Wrote a number on a scrap piece of paper? I feel really lost right now :confused:
I wrote that poorly, sorry. So he said he wanted to buy it, I said its not for sale. The following day he asked again. I said Im going to write a number down, you either pay this much or you dont get the bike. No negotiation. He said OK. I write it down thinking he wouldnt buy it. He then said OK again, and I handed her over... with out a smile but with a full wallet.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
Ass penetrating tilt is only cool on BMX bikes... and thats only if you are like me and enjoy that kind of thing
fixed.

don't be the e-police. nobody wants to hear it. to each his own. slammed seats or low seats look goofy flat. minor tilt on a seat is fine, but excessive tilt is dumb. put a lil more angle on that thing though t1, will keep it out of the way during tricks too.

i'm not angry at anybody. just statin that nobody likes unneccessary banter about something stupid.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
Thats like asking how much you love your girlfriend. Its better just to say that you do rather than to quantify it.
No love is something that cannot be quantified. A sale and purchase of a bike is a DIFINITIVE amount. An amount was agreed upon between 2 people. Tell us!!

I really like the look of the blue with blue hubs/chainring.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
The result was going to an Argyle 409 (dropped to 72-75mm), Deity cranks, and a 27t (paired with a 11 in back). The fork and sprocket were great last weekend doing some DJing, and I'm hoping to get on the cranks this weekend (we are supposed to have rain for the next week, so maybe a little park). With the 5mm less on the cranks I'm also hoping to get my x-ups on with a little less toe rub. The bike is pretty well dialed in and I'm loving it.
When you ordered your frame color originally did you ask for Argyle mint green? Because that looks dead-on. That's crazy if that was just dumb luck! Those cranks look great too. And is it my old eyes or did you get a real tire on the back too?! :)

Where'd you jump last weekend? Watertown?

OH and hit me up again about the skatepark fundraiser, I accidentally deleted all my texts sorry.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Thanks NWD,

Tony, riding at Pville, thats what I was referring to. I'm digging in Milton all day Tuesday, taking the day off of school and doing it right with a city provided skid steer. If you happen to have off and want to help...

As for the colors, the green fork is just a hair darker, but it does look good. I didn't even consider it when I ordered the frame, I was locked on the Pike at that point. It just seemed like a great option after the fact, and it happened to be the right color. The cranks are cool, they are short and you can feel it, but its ok. I hopped on my 20 the other night and man 180's seem long. The rear tire is in fact real, but its the REAL tire I originally put on. I like it, maybe it could be a bit wider and I'm on the look out for a FS100 or KHE (how wide are they?) but it will work.

Get excited to ride dirt, buddy, but they won't be little Palmer jumps.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Tony, riding at Pville, thats what I was referring to. I'm digging in Milton all day Tuesday, taking the day off of school and doing it right with a city provided skid steer. If you happen to have off and want to help...

Get excited to ride dirt, buddy, but they won't be little Palmer jumps.
I do work Tuesday, and of course it looks like my last meeting won't get done until 4, but I can be to Milton by 4:30 or 5:00 - will you still be there?

I'm ok with good sized jumps, it's your straight vert lips that freak me out!

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
Best fall guy I have ever seen, I told you that fork would good with it. I'm glad yout took the stickers off. Looks super clean.

Any riding pics?

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Lol, what, and get it dirty?

Ya I haven't been any place of consequence to take pics. I'm rebuilding my trails this week and hopefully that will result in pics (gotta actually ride with one of my friends who shoots as well). Until then I'll just keep saying I'll get something up and make everyone believe I'm a poser!

Thanks for the stuff on the fork, its awesome.

Side note, Bulldog (Tony) and I rode a little on some mtb trails today before he pinch flatted two seconds in. The bike definitely is a handful on sketchy stuff, but it does flick around well in singletrack and as long as its not to loose and rough it really does handle like a champ.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
Perhaps I shouldn't have assumed that people would have realized my sarcasm. Round here dirt is usually found on the tires and pedals of our bikes (or at least those of us that ride), kinda like in the shots of my bike that started this post ;-)

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Side note, Bulldog (Tony) and I rode a little on some mtb trails today before he pinch flatted two seconds in.
C'mon - it was AT LEAST 3-4 minutes. LOL. That sucked, I wasn't really that pumped to ride until we got going, and then once we go to the fun stuff pssssssssss - flat. :plthumbsdown: Lesson learned - with new tires it's better to err (and AIR) on the high side for pressures!

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
True.

Rubes and I were walking this morning I was doing some heavy thinking about trailbuilding out there. Let me get done with Milton and then we can go out there (the dump and maybe behind my old apartment as well).