Quantcast

Fall Monkeyfest

nmr8

Monkey
Apr 6, 2007
mmmm, packing. see all you ride monkians tomorrow. three cheers to you, theresa, for clinching the logistics.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Looks like we'll be coming over to do some riding tomorrow. Treesaw, I'll give you a call when we hit town, but I'm imagining you'll be hitting the trails ~9 or so like we normally have, we'll try to meet you guys at the office and anyone who isn't up for the usual epic ride is welcome to join my wife and I for a shorter social ride.

Looks like we'll be coming over to do some riding tomorrow. Treesaw, I'll give you a call when we hit town, but I'm imagining you'll be hitting the trails ~9 or so like we normally have, we'll try to meet you guys at the office and anyone who isn't up for the usual epic ride is welcome to join my wife and I for a shorter social ride.
you mean MRS BadDNA actually exists?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
YEAH!!!! We'll see you tomorrow then! We'll most likely be finishing up with breakfast around 9 so give my cell a call and we can direct you to the condo or plan to meet up elsewhere.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
It was dry until late yesterday afternoon, then the rain came it rained most of the night. A few of us bailed from the ride early yesterday ("bailed" after four hours :rolleyes: ). Those of us who bailed stayed dry. The crew that stayed out got completely soaked. We did some of the Burke Mtn trails this morning and they were very wet and muddy.

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
Three things about this weekend...great trails, great weather and great company! Thanks.

We heard they closed the trails on the mountain because of the weather. We rode on the Darling Hill side and the trails we rode were fine except for maybe 6 or 7 wet spots. We rode those trails till about 11:45, got lunch and they went to Millstone in Barre. The trails were in about the same condition as KT but they were more like our local trails. Not as flowy and smooth like KT, but lots of rocks roots and some cool trail features. I wish we had more time to play. We rode there till just after 4:00 and then went home.

I've got video and some pictures. I want to put together a movie of the weekend. If you have any video or pictures you'd like to add, please email me or pm me. I will post a link when it's done.

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
did you do have time to do the entire red loop at millstone?
No we did not. There were alot of leaves down so it was hard to tell where the trail went sometimes so we had to continually stop and check the map. That what sucks about riding new trails. It was amazing how similar it was to the SMBA trails. Have you ridden there?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
yup. like 5 weeks ago, I didnt use the map much just followed the red loop...I think it was like 15 miles

pretty good stuff and some cool views, but too far to make a trip to just to ride there.