Quantcast

Farley

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Devinci had the "Hendrix" for a year or two and now calls it the Marshall. Wonder why? Anyone have any info on that?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Devinci had the "Hendrix" for a year or two and now calls it the Marshall. Wonder why? Anyone have any info on that?
Because the ghost of jimi hendrix rose up, cranked it up, and blasted the bitches with a customized wailing flailing rendition of "oh canada".

Once the bleeding stopped from the ears they had to acknowledge the unworthiness of their own tribute, and toned it down so to speak to just the means of delivery, since containing the essence of the man himself in mere carbon fiber is impossible.

next best thing

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
OFFS. Family must be looking to upgrade the van...

I'm wondering if they are going to next sue the writer of a comic I read as a kid, they had a fat dog named Farley.

...Which I always thought would be a great name for a trail-dog.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/

I'm wondering if they are going to next sue the writer of a comic I read as a kid, they had a fat dog named Farley.

It's a bit better reasoned here. Farley's brand of comedy was centered around him being fat. He was even afraid getting thinner might hurt his comedy. So calling a fatbike product Farley is a really clear association.

Also finally some revenge. Wish it was Spec though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

i read somewhere that they were actually in negotiations to use the trademark name prior to the lawsuit being filed. my guess is trek was either trying to renege on some aspects of the deal or were dragging their feet, and the Make Him Smile org was using a lawsuit to crack the whip on them, so to speak.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Aaaand we have an agreement!

emptybeer said:
Updated June 7: Trek says the family of the late Saturday Night Live star Chris Farley has settled a lawsuit against the Wisconsin-based bike maker for naming its fat bikes Farley. Trek’s Eric Bjorling told The Associated Press the settlement was reached Wednesday. Terms are confidential, but Bjorling added that Trek will be allowed to continue making Farley bikes. You can read more about the original lawsuit below.
http://reviews.mtbr.com/chris-farleys-family-suing-trek-over-fat-bike-name

chris_f

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
I cannot possibly think of a less respectful way to honor someone than to name a Trek fatbike after them.

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I cannot possibly think of a less respectful way to honor someone than to name a Trek fatbike after them.
I heard rumors of a KHS e-Fatbike called the "jonKranked".

I've said too much...

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
"The Mayor" was spot on though...

I think some of the fatbike "associated with all things fat" has gotten out of hand at a few companies. I keep looking for the latest new model to be called "Bucket of Lard".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"The Mayor" was spot on though...

I think some of the fatbike "associated with all things fat" has gotten out of hand at a few companies. I keep looking for the latest new model to be called "Bucket of Lard".
I would probably buy a fat bike if they named one after Rob Ford.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
that's how you avoid lawsuits. Think Pharly. Or Farlee. Maybe Hendrikx
Nope, it's not how you avoid lawsuits. If you can prove association by similar pronounciation then the case is still there. I remember Yoko Ono sued or threatened to sue a soda company "John Lemon"

Tantrum Cycles

Turbo Monkey
Jun 29, 2016
Nope, it's not how you avoid lawsuits. If you can prove association by similar pronounciation then the case is still there. I remember Yoko Ono sued or threatened to sue a soda company "John Lemon"
it was kind of a joke. Trademark law is kind of a joke.

cherry garcia