Quantcast

Fashon Police!!!!!!!!!

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
"staking out the scene from a sidewalk Starbucks table, they'd been waiting FOUR hours for one of the "weekend warrior" bikers"

man, what a buncha f*ckin' losers. find something better to do with your time.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
"..On their way out of the coffee shop, the women saw a second anti-biker sign, this one strapped onto a utility pole in front of Starbucks. "No Stupid Cycling Attire," read the red-and-white sign, above a ridiculous silhouette of two bikers f*cking. "Oh, my god," one of the women said, seriously offended."....

hahahahahahahaha, that was hilarious!!!!!!.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I think its funny. What makes it funnier is that they hang out to look for reaction. I do see where they are coming from. I f*ing hate it when I am driving through town and come up on 20+ (have seen as many as ~50 in one ride) clumped together taking up the whole lane. Then someone points down, then someone else, then a third person... Before you know it, everyone is looking everywhere but ahead, and the mob suddenly doubles in size. That whole pointing thing really bugs me. Yes, my rant has begun. Having studied "the point" at great length, I have decided that it is good for nothing more than distracting other riders, and spreading groups across the road. IMO, the ultimate irony of The Point is that it distracts riders and makes their bikes less stable (riding one handed) at a time when a normal person would want to have both hands on the bar looking ahead for the obstacle. I laugh when people are pointing at the ground only because the person in front of them pointed. By the time The Point makes its way to the back of the cluster, the obstacle that was originally Points at is usually long gone. Why don't they just ride in small, single/double file lines? That would fix so much.
[/RANT]

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Repack said:
I think its funny. What makes it funnier is that they hang out to look for reaction. I do see where they are coming from. I f*ing hate it when I am driving through town and come up on 20+ (have seen as many as ~50 in one ride) clumped together taking up the whole lane. Then someone points down, then someone else, then a third person... Before you know it, everyone is looking everywhere but ahead, and the mob suddenly doubles in size. That whole pointing thing really bugs me. Yes, my rant has begun. Having studied "the point" at great length, I have decided that it is good for nothing more than distracting other riders, and spreading groups across the road. IMO, the ultimate irony of The Point is that it distracts riders and makes their bikes less stable (riding one handed) at a time when a normal person would want to have both hands on the bar looking ahead for the obstacle. I laugh when people are pointing at the ground only because the person in front of them pointed. By the time The Point makes its way to the back of the cluster, the obstacle that was originally Points at is usually long gone. Why don't they just ride in small, single/double file lines? That would fix so much.
[/RANT]

ha ha ha.

Somebody get this guy a high powered sniper rifle and a clock tower to sit on.

Preferably a .50 Barrett with a compass in the stock and a thing that tells time.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I also found it very funny even though such comments have been yelled out of vehicles at me. I find it especially hilarious that they did such a painstaking job of reproducing legitimate-looking signs that would "blend in" just to pull off a prank.

In high school, my buddies and I did similar things, e.g. duct taping a garage-sale walkie talkie to the back of a Micky D's drive-through ordering station. When well-timed, evil comments were mistaken by both customers and the drive-thru jockey as coming from the other party. Broadcasting from a parking lot vantage point enabled herbal/munchie enjoyment throughout the evening's entertainment. The concealed walkie talkie was eventually discovered by an employee tasked with sweeping up the lot, but it was one of two that cost us only $8 anyways...

J

JRB

The "point" means there is something in the road. Once you run over a bottle or a board in a pace line. The "point" makes sense. You may want to do a little more research Repack before you state your studies. Looks to me like you need a little more studying on the issue. Don't hate just because some roadies can ride one handed. Some even ride with no hands. :p

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
I think that is a lame way to spend your fee time come on lets put up signs to piss off bikers what a bunch of retards. If they have trouble driving with bikers try driving on a college campus durring class changes. And I bet all of us would be very upset if it was a sign in front of a grocery saying no more damn knobby tires and two mountain bikers going at it.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Roadie fashion is funny. Where else can you get away with walking around like a duck in pink/purple/orange/green/red/blue neon underwear?

Sounds like these guys have too much time on their hands, but I would have liked to see the reactions they got...

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
llkoolkeg said:
In high school, my buddies and I did similar things, e.g. duct taping a garage-sale walkie talkie to the back of a Micky D's drive-through ordering station. When well-timed, evil comments were mistaken by both customers and the drive-thru jockey as coming from the other party. Broadcasting from a parking lot vantage point enabled herbal/munchie enjoyment throughout the evening's entertainment. The concealed walkie talkie was eventually discovered by an employee tasked with sweeping up the lot, but it was one of two that cost us only $8 anyways...
HAHA, I'm 41 years old and that still sound like it would be fun for some laughs. We all had CB's in our 4X4's. LoL, you had to be sure to turn yours off if you were in the drive through line with your buddies around.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Road fashion is no laughing matter, guys.

I was coming home last night from a mountian bike ride at a local park (near Seattle) when climbing up the hill, I saw a big group of roadies.

The last guy in the pack had on, and I sh*t you not, a full body pink lycra suit.

I almost lost control of my vehicle I was dry heaving so hard.

I could have killed someone...

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
loco-gringo said:
The "point" means there is something in the road. Once you run over a bottle or a board in a pace line. The "point" makes sense. You may want to do a little more research Repack before you state your studies. Looks to me like you need a little more studying on the issue. Don't hate just because some roadies can ride one handed. Some even ride with no hands. :p

Having been a roadie in a past life don't stone me, I think I know what he is talking about.
Usually, the obstacle has already been passed by everyone by the time they react to the point and start pointing themselves.. so basicly, they are pointing at nothing.

J

JRB

-BB- said:
Having been a roadie in a past life don't stone me, I think I know what he is talking about.
Usually, the obstacle has already been passed by everyone by the time they react to the point and start pointing themselves.. so basicly, they are pointing at nothing.

OK - that is true. I can still ride one handed and I think he is jealous. :D

J

JRB

Megan Black said:
Road fashion is no laughing matter, guys.

I was coming home last night from a mountian bike ride at a local park (near Seattle) when climbing up the hill, I saw a big group of roadies.

The last guy in the pack had on, and I sh*t you not, a full body pink lycra suit.

I almost lost control of my vehicle I was dry heaving so hard.

I could have killed someone...
I wondered about you and your bruises yesterday. I will have to find the skin suit that a dude named Brandon Ott from PA wears to race XC. You'll gain respect for roadie attire.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
DVNT said:
ha ha ha.

Somebody get this guy a high powered sniper rifle and a clock tower to sit on.

Preferably a .50 Barrett with a compass in the stock and a thing that tells time.
Nah, he'll shoot his eye out.

I thought it was funny. Personally I think roadies are funny when they're all decked out. Especially when they are all decked out at a starbucks.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I just think some roadies go too far sometimes.

Sure wear your US Postal jersey JUST DON'T BE AN ARROGANT ASSHOLE.
Some of these people actually think they're on the team.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
loco-gringo said:
I wondered about you and your bruises yesterday.
I don't get it.

loco-gringo said:
You'll gain respect for roadie attire.
I have plenty of respect for roadie attire! Especially for the DH guys who wear it to be funny, cause you know they seriously rock if they can goof around like that. Secondly, I have respect for any body (roadie or not) who would don that kind of outfit. It takes some b*lls to have your b*lls hanging out like that for public scrutiny...

J

JRB

Megan Black said:
I don't get it.

Your first posts included a pic of a bruised leg.

Funny you should make fun of roadies. I don't wear all those fancy outfits, but they don't look any worse than a lot of XC or downhill attire to me.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
loco-gringo said:
but they don't look any worse than a lot of XC or downhill attire to me.
I agree! What's up with saggy pants on muddy days where you can actually see the mud going into their crack.

loco-gringo said:
Funny you should make fun of roadies.
Why? I make fun of everybody! Feel free to make fun of me, I wear a hoodie when I ride!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
I did an Xterra this year and I had to wear some triathlon shorts.

I wanted to pin my number over my package but was scared of what could happen if I ewrecked really bad.

J

JRB

Megan Black said:
I agree! What's up with saggy pants on muddy days where you can actually see the mud going into their crack.

Why? I make fun of everybody! Feel free to make fun of me, I wear a hoodie when I ride!

Are you pressley???

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
loco-gringo said:
Are you pressley???
no, no, this hoodie is from a DIFFERENT complicated and indiscernible romantic situation between me and another monkey...didn't you see the post in the lounge that was supposed to be my pm to biggins?

J

JRB

Megan Black said:
no, no, this hoodie is from a DIFFERENT complicated and indiscernible romantic situation between me and another monkey...didn't you see the post in the lounge that was supposed to be my pm to biggins?
Damnit - I just miss so many things. Oh well. Don't send him a pic of your ass or it will become an avatar.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
loco-gringo said:
Welp - if your ass is his avatar. Nice ass. :thumb:
shucks, i only WISH i had a classy picture of my bare a$$ in a compromising position for all on the internet to wank off to!

nope, that joke was just good timing on my part, i guess

oh wait, i just ruined the fantasy, huh? sorry!

J

JRB

Megan Black said:
shucks, i only WISH i had a classy picture of my bare a$$ in a compromising position for all on the internet to wank off to!

nope, that joke was just good timing on my part, i guess

oh wait, i just ruined the fantasy, huh? sorry!
No fantasy. Outside of humor, I would never think that it was cool to compliment a chick's ass. That is left for spring break drunks and trailer park episodes of COPS. Thanks for thinking I was a :oink: though.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
"Thanks for thinking I was a :oink: though"
loco-gringo said:
Welp - if your ass is his avatar. Nice ass. :thumb:
No problem ;)

Hay, if you can accept the fact that I'm a real smart-:ass:, then I can accept that fact that you're a :oink:

and p.s., there's nothing wrong with letting a girl know that she has a nice ass! It's just timing and tact that some people fail to execute...

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Megan Black said:
and p.s., there's nothing wrong with letting a girl know that she has a nice ass! It's just timing and tact that some people fail to execute...
that is so true! i've been amazed at the **** i've gotten away with saying, because of how/when i said it. it is a sad thing that so much tact has been lost in the world :\

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Megan Black said:
Yeah, I just walk up 6" from their face and shout

Hey bitch, you gotta nice phuckin' asssss!!!

of course to that they usually say,

Phuck off asshöle!

I'm sure if keep trying though it will pay off someday. :thumb: