Quantcast

Fat suckkks (pics)

Jun 24, 2008
Ugh, I give up, the other day I hit a wall with a good friend of mine. We decided to throw a 4th of July party and invite our crushes to a picnic. Everything was going fine until she suggested we go swimming at the lake… I could have killed her! She knows I am self-conscious, and of course she’s perfect in every way… but I talked with my mom and she said I can’t blame her, so I’ve decided to go for it and tackle my over-weight issues head on, its no one else’s problem but mine alone! I have to do it. I have started watching the new Rocco Dispirito show on Bravo recently and have heard that he is going to start walking us through a new healthy diet that will help out.With his Watch and Win contest, its given me some incentive but, tonight he’s bringing on some fitness experts… has anyone heard of them? Joe Dowdell and Betty Wong? Let me know!

drastic.

Monkey
May 16, 2011
pleasanton, ca
not difficult to eat right. work out in combination of a new diet (ride your bike often) and itll all come off easily.

egg whites (ZERO egg yolk)
oatmeal
brown rice.
canned tuna (zero carbs, zero fat)
skinless chicken (deli meat sliced, is great)
turkey (deli meat sliced, is great)
steaks
salads w/ LIGHT dressing, as little as possible. salad dressings are very bad. light use of balsamic vinegar is all i put on.

zero sugary drinks. i only drink water and protein shakes.
limit carbs as much as you can. no breads. no pastas at all. if i eat sliced chicken or turkey, ill have it w/ 1 slice of 100% wheat bread.
no butter. no mayo. no salts.

thats about all my diet consists of.

i wanted to get "big"...and put on a ton of muscle over the past 2yrs..but i also put on some chub (not alot), but it made me self-conscious. i decided to up my cardio (bike 3x a week), and ate, and continue to eat as per above. ended up dropping the chub, and have since gained more size, definition, and abs.

is the above diet great tasting and exciting? no, but staying in shape, and seeing the results you demand usually means that you have to exclude many things in life that taste great.
good luck.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Here's my plan. Seems to be working. Dropped 13lbs last month and dropped my body fat percentage by a whole percent (30% down to 29% per my bathroom scale).

Each pound of fat is appx 3500cal, could be more/less depending on density, but we'll use this number as a general reference point.

Take current weight and multiply by 11 (e.g. 230lbs x 11 = 2530)
This approximates how many calories you need to take in to maintain your weight.

Take that number and multiply by 0.80 (e.g. 2530 cal x 0.80 = 2024cal)
This is your upper limit.

Take your upper limit and substract your numerical weight (e.g. 2024 cal - 230 = 1794cal)
This is your lower limit. Make sure to eat at least this much.

Keeping your caloric intake between your lower limit and upper limit each day should allow you to lose 3-5 pounds a month while keeping your activity/exercise level the same. I weigh in only once a month. I redo my max/min calculations after each weigh in.

I've added more riding, a mile jog each morning, and light weight training to that. 13lbs down for the month of June. Can't wait for my next weigh in on July 31.

GOOD LUCK!

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Here's my plan. Seems to be working. Dropped 13lbs last month and dropped my body fat percentage by a whole percent (30% down to 29% per my bathroom scale).

Each pound of fat is appx 3500cal, could be more/less depending on density, but we'll use this number as a general reference point.

Take current weight and multiply by 11 (e.g. 230lbs x 11 = 2530)
This approximates how many calories you need to take in to maintain your weight.

Take that number and multiply by 0.80 (e.g. 2530 cal x 0.80 = 2024cal)
This is your upper limit.

Take your upper limit and substract your numerical weight (e.g. 2024 cal - 230 = 1794cal)
This is your lower limit. Make sure to eat at least this much.

Keeping your caloric intake between your lower limit and upper limit each day should allow you to lose 3-5 pounds a month while keeping your activity/exercise level the same. I weigh in only once a month. I redo my max/min calculations after each weigh in.

I've added more riding, a mile jog each morning, and light weight training to that. 13lbs down for the month of June. Can't wait for my next weigh in on July 31.

GOOD LUCK!
Or, if math's not your strong point, just go to www.fitday.com. It does the calculations of how many calories (it thinks) you burn per day based on your daily exercise, weight, etc. You put in how many calories you eat, and what kind of exercise you do, and it'll estimate whether you're burning more calories than you eat (or vise versa). You want to maintain a certain caloric deficit per day (500?), but this allows you to increase your intake if you're exercising heavily, or to decrease it accordingly.

Then keep careful track of your weight so you know whether the site's estimate for caloric burning is correct. If you're (supposedly) operating at a caloric deficit of ~500 per day, but are staying the same, maybe you're not burning as much as you think and would have to decrease the caloric intake...

Just some options.

phycoref

Chimp
Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Bodybuilding.com has great articles and is a great place to get supplements, it is where I get all mine as the selection and prices are great! Forums have lots of good info on them too and lots of good articles on the super site.

Simplyshredded.com has great articles as well, I sometimes use for motivation.

Consistency is your friend and worst enemy, if you can diet and hit the gym consistently without cheating you will have results in no time! Do it for you and nobody else, that is the only way you will be successful!