Quantcast

fat that just wont leave!

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
so now im almost done with the dieting thing,im getting really thin around the neck shoulders legs and gennerally everywhere except my stomach.i know this is probably the most typical thing ever ,but its really annoying, the fat around my midsection wont go away.theres not to much left,and i guess technically im normal weight,but i set out with the goal of get rid of it all,and that is something im sticking too.any help??

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
Austin, TEXAS
also
fat stores in the midsection are gonna be the last ones to get let go
fat loss generally occurs from the extremities inward

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
The sad Irony of life IMO is that Cycling may be a GREAT workout... Burning tons of calories... Good for the limbs and joints... but itwon't do JACK for your stomach.
The only way to get rid of those extra stomach Lbs are to RUN (gosh I hate running) and Sit-ups.

WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL LORD?

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
well it didnt start as a diet,but after time thats what it became.really i just eat well(and not enough)i do crunches too,50 ultra slow ones every second day,i think i ust need patience.on a side note,i think im really starting to learn that bodys are always chaning and that you always working on one thing or another.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by -BB-
The sad Irony of life IMO is that Cycling may be a GREAT workout... Burning tons of calories... Good for the limbs and joints... but itwon't do JACK for your stomach.
The only way to get rid of those extra stomach Lbs are to RUN (gosh I hate running) and Sit-ups.

WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL LORD?
Working specific muscle groups will tone the muscles underneath the fat, but won't burn fat specifically in that particular area. Running burns more calories per hour than any other type of workout, but mountain biking is right up there.

Sabine

Chimp
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by azrael
so now im almost done with the dieting thing,im getting really thin around the neck shoulders legs and gennerally everywhere except my stomach.i know this is probably the most typical thing ever ,but its really annoying, the fat around my midsection wont go away.theres not to much left,and i guess technically im normal weight,but i set out with the goal of get rid of it all,and that is something im sticking too.any help??
Blame your parents. Where you store fat is genetically determined. So once you are at the weight you like and the muscle tone you want, accept it or get lipo.

Saw a liposuction on the discovery channel the other day...ewwwwww, thats got to hurt the way they were shoving that wand back and forth.

azrael

Chimp
Jun 1, 2002
sydney.aust
i dont own scales.my ideal weight is where i dont have 'excess' bodyfat.according to my doctor,i am normal weight,in fact i am pretty close to the lower portion of the chart.im actually pretty thin,especially upstairs,so no more calory restriction,ill just eat healthy and ride and do my weights,and ill try and eat more protein.that should do,im sick of dieting anyway,its a pain in the ass.now i think about it,this has worked well,i have almost achieved all my goals.cool.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

I'm dying to try that. My gym only offers it on weekdays at 9:30am. I guess only people who don't work (or work 2nd shift) can go.
i've been doing it on my own, just a couple of moves that i saw in magazines but i think that i need some instruction because its all about keeping your form right and im bad about that. luckily TN's mom is a personal trainer so i dont have to look far for help.

ive heard that its just one of the best ways to keep your body in shape because it limbers you up and stretchs your muscles. i want to take a class but i cant bring myself to pay a gym.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by laura

i've been doing it on my own, just a couple of moves that i saw in magazines but i think that i need some instruction because its all about keeping your form right and im bad about that. luckily TN's mom is a personal trainer so i dont have to look far for help.

How you find it????? I've wanted to go as well, but it's pretty expensive. I thought it would be a great contrast to mtn biking. I can't decide between pilates or yoga, but I know I need to relax a little bit!!!!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
yoga is excellent. i try to take a hour yoga class every sunday before i go ride and it makes the ride so much more enjoyable. my muscles are so warmed up and yoga helps me concentrate on my breathing so my recovery is soooooo much quicker. it s jsut awesome and if you need to relax i would definitely suggest it. it gives you so much control over your body and your mind.

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
Originally posted by laura
yoga is excellent. i try to take a hour yoga class every sunday before i go ride and it makes the ride so much more enjoyable. my muscles are so warmed up and yoga helps me concentrate on my breathing so my recovery is soooooo much quicker. it s jsut awesome and if you need to relax i would definitely suggest it. it gives you so much control over your body and your mind.
Wow! Well I'm definitely going to give it a try now. It will be nice to have something that's a little easier on my body than biking. Thanks Laura!!!!

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by El Jefe

Working specific muscle groups will tone the muscles underneath the fat, but won't burn fat specifically in that particular area. Running burns more calories per hour than any other type of workout, but mountain biking is right up there.
Hey Jefe... What's the deal for Oakland?

Originally posted by Mocha

How you find it????? I've wanted to go as well, but it's pretty expensive. I thought it would be a great contrast to mtn biking. I can't decide between pilates or yoga, but I know I need to relax a little bit!!!!
I'm too poor to have a gym membership (must be all the money I spend on bike stuff...). There's a video series called The Method that uses a lot of pilates. The tapes are great for relaxing, I do them after very stressful weeks, but I don't really get much out of pilates.

There is one tape they have called Bootcamp (no pilates, but a lot of plyometrics) that is probably the only tape ever that made me sore the next day, and it's only 3 fifteen minute workouts. :rolleyes: I'm sure if I used it consistently I'd be in better shape. :p

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
Originally posted by -BB-

Hey Jefe... What's the deal for Oakland?
I haven't heard from Damn True in a couple days so I'm not sure. Last I heard I was going to fly into San Jose, ride with DT on one of his bikes on Sunday, crash at his pad and then rent a car and drive up to Oakland on Monday AM. Monday evening? I dunno. I'll be done with meetings by 4:30pm and I'll be staying at the Marriott in downtown Oakland. That's about all I know.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by El Jefe

I haven't heard from Damn True in a couple days so I'm not sure. Last I heard I was going to fly into San Jose, ride with DT on one of his bikes on Sunday, crash at his pad and then rent a car and drive up to Oakland on Monday AM. Monday evening? I dunno. I'll be done with meetings by 4:30pm and I'll be staying at the Marriott in downtown Oakland. That's about all I know.
I'll talk to True then to find out what the deal is.